Aldi's coffee!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by vagabondmom • Jun 21, 2012.

1. vagabondmom

vagabondmomNew Member

Threads:
    This feels like my dirty secret. If you love coffee and shop at Aldi's you owe it to yourself to give their coffee a try. Their "donut store" style is as good or better than many other brand names, and $2-$3 less per bag.

I haven't tried any of their other style but I plan to soon. Has anyone had a good experience with their specialty blends?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been purchasing the special coffee from Aldi's for some time. I like the flavor and the price. The Donut Shop coffee has caught my eye but I have not been to the store in awhile to shop. I like the hazelnut flavor.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up. I have recently found a Aldi kind of in my area. When I lived in the Midwest, it was a store I had to shop at. Great milk and cereal prices plus many more. They didn't have Aldi here in South FLorida, and imagine my giddy surprise when I found out they just opened one. I don't even mind that it is about 20 miles from here. I loaded up my shopping bags, got my quarter ready, and rushed right over there! I am going to try the coffee the next time I go there.

4. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had their coffee before. I know that this is the one food or drink that I do not like to have messed with at all. However, if a lot of people say it is good, I will try it out.

5. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    I don't drink regular coffee but I really like their cappuccino mix. They have a double mocha that is totally awesome and a french vanilla. It's half the cost of the brands in the regular grocery stores. Their version of starbucks ice coffee is really good also.

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't drink coffee, but my husband does, and it's one of the products he's tried from Aldi and didn't like. He is very particular about his coffee, though, so it's not necessarily a criticism. However, I have heard other coffee lovers say the same, while those who are not too discerning say they are happy with Aldi's coffee. I suppose it all comes down to a matter of personal taste.

7. sniderman

snidermanNew Member

Threads:
    I've tried a few of their different coffees, and I think some are much better than others. I think the donut store kind is very good, it's just about my favorite, And I see that's on sale this week - time to go stock up!

In case you haven't see it yet, here's a good site with rewviews of Aldi products -http://aldishopper.blogspot.com/

8. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I believe it, I don't shop at Aldi's tho. Store brand coffee often is just as good, if not better! I shop at Stop and Shop and like their coffee better then the name brand :)

Thanks for the heads up, I may take a stroll to Aldi's and get some coffee to try!