freebee sales: do you track what you spend?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by artifactsofmars • Jun 30, 2012.

1. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    These companies many of them offer these freebee sales, one cent after rebate and such. Those are mainly gimmicks to get people to swarm the store. My question is, if you are attracted to these sales, do you keep track of the impulse items that most people seem to buy along with these? What about beer or smokes? Do you find yourself picking these up even though you only intended to get the cheap or freebee stuff? I don't drink or smoke by the way, and have never gone for a freebee sale. :cool:

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if you're talking about where you're accumulating a certain amount of money for your next purchase. For example, eBay has a promotion going on where you get, I think, five percent of your purchase back in the form of eBay bucks. Is that what you're talking about it? If that's the case then I do use it but I don't keep track of it and it doesn't force me to shop more.

3. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    Well the store that I used to work out would offer rebates of the entire purchase price, minus the taxes. It was a lure to get people into the store. We had a couple customers who were very obnoxious with the stuff. One had this scam going where she would return the stuff after getting the rebate. We called her the rebate thief. I was talking mainly about brick and mortar purchases. Sorry if I confused you.