Target's Price Matching Policy vs. Wal-Mart's

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vagabondmom • Jul 10, 2012.

1. vagabondmom

vagabondmomNew Member

Threads:
    Maybe everyone who does the price matching thing already knew this, but my Target just made me take my circulars for price matching and all my groceries to customer service to check out. And that was after the cashier had already rung everything up in line. Fortunately she was able to suspend my order and give me a receipt so everything didn't have to be rung up again.

It would have been nice to know ahead of time that Target cashier's can't do price matching. I wonder if this is a chain wide policy or if it's just my store. Is it the same way at Wal-Mart now? I wouldn't mind it much except I hate to be the one at customer service with a full cart that's holding everyone up. And they can't check out produce there, which means I could have to go through the line twice. And I guess is also means no price matching on produce? That's a huge part of my budget.

What is your experience with price matching at Target? If you shop at Wal-Mart, who do you prefer to take your sales ads to?