Careprost for longer eyelashes! ♥

Discussion in Product Reviews started by sandooch • Jul 13, 2012.

1. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    For almost 5 months now, I've been using an eyelash enhancing product called Careprost. What is the difference between Latisse and Careprost? Well, aside from a difference of almost $100...absolutely nothing. Careprost has the exact same ingredients at Latisse at only $30 a bottle. And one bottle can last you anywhere from 3-5 months, depending on how much you use. I'm still on my first bottle, so that comes out to about $6 a month for me. I found it at inhousepharmacy.biz.

I used to use RapidLash, which gave me some length, but not as much as Careprost. And Careprost naturally curls your lashes as well. Here is a picture collage of my own eyelashes of before using any lash enhancer, 12 weeks after using RapidLash and 16 weeks after using Careprost.

[​IMG]

I used a different camera for the last picture and took it myself. That's why the color of the picture and position of my eye direction is different.

#1Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  2. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting. I had a friend who used Latisse a lot and really liked the results. I checked in to it though and it was very expensive so I had decided not to try it, but after reading your review of Careprost and seeing the price I believe I am going to go ahead and give it a try! Thanks for the heads up!

3. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    Hey...thanks for not only posting about your experience, but posting pictures. This looks like a great opportunity and I can't wait to try this out for myself. Who needs false lashes when you can grow your own like this? Thanks for the heads up.

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    wow that is quite a difference. Did you need a prescription for that? It looks like you have on false eye lashes.I am also wondering if you can put this on your scalp to help you hair grow faster.

5. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    No, no prescripton required. Also, if you look up Careprost America on Facebook, right now they are offering 2 Careprost bottles with 2 applicator brushes and free shipping. I've not purchased through them, though, so I can't vouch for this site. But I thought it was a good deal.

A few people have wondered if you could put it on your head to regrow hair. That would take quite a few bottles of Careprost each month, I'm afraid. The bottles are not all that big. If you are experiencing thinning hair like I was, try taking 5,000 mcg of Biotin twice a day (not together). I've been doing this for several months now and my thinning hair stopped falling out and is starting to grow back now. It was getting scary because after I combed my hair from getting out of the shower, I was noticing I could see my scalp more and more. Now it's starting to fill in, thank God!

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    What an awesome share, thank you so very much. Wow, I have been checking out similar products at health stores near us but I have not every spoken to anyone who spoke positively of these products. It could be because they want to keep it a secret...or it does not work. But those pictures you posted are pretty awesome, even the change from the first photo to the second one is rather impressive.

I will look more into this now, thanks to your sharing...thank you. :)

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Now this is a great post!!! I love the actual pictures, you can SEE results. I do not have this issue as I am from latin and lebanese background so I have thick hair for days BUT I think that this product is a great opportunity for many women who really wish to have sexier fuller lashes. At a fraction of the cost of Lastisse this is a great option and if used properly apparently offers great results. Your lashes do look a lot better and I am glad to hear your hair is coming back as well. Must be devastating as a young woman to see balding creeping in. Great post sandooch - keep it up!

8. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Aww...thank you both! I do love to share before and after pictures with reviews on beauty product when I can. I, myself, like to see before and afters, especially when I know it's not a before and after that a company is showing where they could easily doctor up the photo (for example, on mascara commercials and ads where it is so very evident that the model is either wearing false eyelashes or they've been photoshopped/computerized to look a mile long). I would much rather see a before and after from regular people on forums and beauty blogs who have nothing to gain from touching up the photos.

9. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting. I can definitely see the difference. It must be wonderful to put mascara on those LONG eyelashes! I bet your eyes really pop. Looks like I'll be searching for some Careprost. :)

10. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I love wearing mascara now. Especially when I apply a primer first, they really look like I am wearing false lashes. It's so cool to go from lashes that I could barely see in the mirror to lashes that I can feel touch almost up to my eyebrows when I open them wide. Love it! ♥

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for this post. My eyelashes are thinning and I'm definitely going to try out Carepost, but the quote above really rocks my boat. Only my hairline is thinning. That is the main downside to getting older.

12. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    It sure is! Especially for women. I want to do whatever it takes not to lose my hair. The women on my mom's side of the family all have hair so thin that they either have to wear wigs or are almost to that point that they do. I do not want to follow suit.

13. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Just curious. What's the actual benefit of having long eyelashes? Don't long eyelashes create any kind of health hazard for the eyes?

14. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    The only problem long lashes would have, in my opinion, is getting in the way when they brush up against your eye glasses.

They appeal of longer lashes, tough, is that most people not only find them beautiful but youthful looking. Generally, long lashes belong to the young. As you age, they get shorter, sparser and thinner. Now that mine are longer, I don't have to waste time applying false eyelashes either.

15. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Hi, thanks for this great share. I have experimented with so many lash growth products in the past, with little or no results to write home about. Careprost eye drops, I read, are supposed to be used for reducing the pressure in the eyes. Longer lashes are a fantastic side effect! However, I just had a few questions about its method of use. Do you actually use them as eye drops, or simply use it as an eye liner where your lashes grow? Also, have you used on both upper and lower lashes? Last but not the least, did you experience any discomfort in the eyes while using this product? Your reply will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for sharing :)

16. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the Biotin tip. I was only doing the 5000 MCG a day. I am definitely going to bump up another 5000 MCG in the afternoon as well. I damaged my hair coloring it back in January, and my beautiful shoulder length hair is now barely to my ears. Even 8 months later. Ugh. I have resorted to a full sew in weave until my hair grows back. Don't get me wrong, I love my weave, it looks better than my real hair, but sometimes I just want my own hair back. This extra dose of Biotin may just do the trick.

17. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Farrah, I hope it works for you as it has for me. Don't get discouraged if your don't see results right away. I sincerely think it takes a good 2-3 months to really start to see the results, so hang in there.

18. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Hi Sandooch,

Been waiting for your reply. Could you please reply to a few of my queries? :confused:

19. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    I have been looking for a way to buy Careprost and I found some on Amazon so I was going to go that route. I was originally going to buy it from the alldaychemist site, but I heard horror stories of them selling your credit card info. I might just try inhousepharmacy. I need it for my eyebrows and eyelashes. I have seen some great before and after pics just like yours. Simply amazing! Thanks for sharing.

20. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Very interesting! I definitely would like this in my possession immediately. I also love it when people actual post pictures of proof! Very effective way to review. Thanks so much!