Do You Enjoy Working At Home Instead of Commuting?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Lena51 • Jul 16, 2012.

1. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love to work at home because there is no buying work clothing, no car to keep up and no gas to buy every week. So it's more money for me and a lot more relaxing. You never have a boss looking over your shoulders and no time clock to punch. I'm in heaven and lovin it. How about you? What do you enjoy most?

2. Laura

LauraNew Member

Threads:
    I am a "never happy" kind of person.

When Ii work at home, I dream of going outside my home. Last time (I was writing as a freelancer), I was even thinking about renting a desk in an open space to have some contacts and a more professional environment.

Because even if I enjoyed the freedom of working at home, I am less efficient when I don't have to wake up at a certain hour, dress myself and go to a place only dedicated to work. If I am home I am tempted to do other things instead of working.

3. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I love working from home just because I like being at home. I am fortunate though because I have the best of both worlds. I work on a part time basis for my husband and much of the work I can do on my laptop at home. I also have to go into the office a couple of hours a week to do some admin work like the filing, post, etc. This gives me the chance to work in an office environment. But if I had to choose between working at home or the office, I would definitely choose working from home.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I like being able to work at home. While I do miss some of the social aspects, I find that I have a lot of that online anyway. And I do still set an alarm, have set schedules, etc, so I end up getting a lot more done at my own pace anyway, so there aren't too many real differences for me there.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I love working at home. You can just take your laptop and literally work from anywhere! You just have to be super disciplined though. I do also teach though and I love that very much. However, having your time to do with what you like...that feeling is unbeatable, for sure. That is freedom to me.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it doesn't get any better than working at home. You can wake up whenever you want and you're your own boss. I can wear pajamas and work if I want to, and I don't have to hear my boss complaining about it. I tend to procrastinate more because I don't have someone on my back about getting work done. Sometimes I miss the social aspect, but I just go outside if I want to socialize. It's the perfect job for me I can't complain.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, there is no competition there! Working from home is way better! I get dressed when I wan and how I want, and there is never any office politics. I don't miss the driving back and forth everyday either. I love staying in the comfort of my home and still making my money..

8. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    Well I used to work from home. I must say that while it was some things I enjoyed it got very boring after awhile just sitting in the house alone however I know by not commuting it saves tons of money. Also, you do not have to get up early in the morning for traveling so it has its benefits. I look forward to one day being able to work from home again since my son will be starting school soon. I just want to be flexible for his schedule so that is another benefit.

9. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I do enjoy working from home, but I'll have to say it's hard to get yourself 'in the zone' sometimes. It's too easy when you're your own boss to get side tracked and say Oh I'll watch this show now and work twice as much later....then never force yourself to work harder (or at all) later.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to go out to get information to submit two - three times a week, which helps to break up the boring day. I do like to work my own schedule and not have a boss looking over my shoulder or being a jerk. I live with my daughter and two grandsons, so now that school is out for the summer it is a little distracting at times. I often get up at 4AM while the house is still quiet to get some work done.

11. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely prefer to work from home. I like to be able to make my own hours. I am a night owl so I stay up really late most nights (e.g. 4 AM) and it is nice to be able to make some money during that time.

12. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I love working from home. Staying home with my kids, not paying for gas and lunches. It's great.

13. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love working at home - mainly because working out of the home isn't an option for me. I have health issues which mean I can't work at a regular job. I work as a writer, and I can do that wherever I am, and however I'm feeling. In fact, I find that working when I'm having a bad day helps to take my mind off my troubles.

14. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I enjoy working online, but I also have a job outside of the home. Both are great, and work perfectly for me. I like that I have the outside of home job. That is guaranteed income each month. While freelancing and working online can be more sporadic for me, so payments may not be as consistent as I would like.

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also love working from home. I like being mobile. I can take my laptop with and still be productive. I do miss the social part of working in an office. I don't miss the gossip and the sweets (cakes and cookies). I have lost weight since I started working at home.

16. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    What I make online goes straight into a savings account and doesnt get touched. I can add to it weekly and enjoy looking through the internet and joining various sites to supplement it.

17. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I love working at home! I get a little overwhelmed some days tho because I tend to take on too much at one time and try to please too many people at one time. I am one who feels bad about saying no so I do my best to help.

My favorite thing really is that I can be home for the kids. I make my own schedule and do my own work. I used to work out of the house and was one that always pushed to do my best and my employers always knew this. They also appreciated it, but it didn't always get me the promotion and then the one who didn't know what they were doing would get the promotion. That would really get me annoyed so I am glad I don't have to deal with that anymore!

18. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE working from home - no commuting, no office bitchin, no fixed salary!! Although I need to work on my self-discipline (I am awful for getting distracted) I love being flexible for the kids and I like being able to earn as much as I can, that really helps if I know I have a big bill coming up! I do miss the social aspect but that is one of the reasons I started posting on forums, so I am a little more sociable than I used to be, even if it is virtual.

19. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    One of the downfalls of working from home, is having no insurance. I also hate taxes at the end of the year. Other than that, it very much works for me and my family.

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I know taxes get you at the end of the year if you make more than $600, but I have never been that lucky to earn more than that. So I guess it is just whatever fun I can get out of taking surveys and that little extra I can get from that kind of thing. I am hoping that i can make some real money some day if I keep trying. But working at home is a wonderful thing where you can be relaxed.