Who do you have a bank account with?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Brendan • Jul 19, 2012.

1. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    This may seem like a personal question, if it is too personal for you, feel free to skip over it and not answer! For those that would like to answer, thanks! What company/bank do you have a bank account open with?

My bank account is with PNC Bank. We went with that mostly because that is the bank that my college uses. :)

2. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I have chase i have been with them for two years now i only opened an account with them cause they were closer to where i lived then all the other banks but i think i might change soon cause I'm always having problems with them.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Funny you should ask this question now. As, I have a bank account with Barclays Bank...and alas, they are amidst a huge scandal right now of which I am not the least bit surprised. You may ask why am I still with them if I knew that they were dodgy all along?

They provided me with what I needed at that point in time but I am definitely moving on now.

4. Laura

LauraNew Member

Threads:
    Barclays. They are so expensive tat I will change. The client service is really good , but I think I would rather pay less and be treated bad somewhere else :D

Linky, what is the scandal? I remember hearing something about that, then thinking I should search on the internet about it, and then I forgot :D

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Bank of America - biggest scam artists every by the way - masters at sneaking in charges and randomly disappearing information from your statements. I am considering switching banks

6. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    I have a friend in the military, Navy to be exact, and she and a LARGE number of the soldiers have nothing but gripes in regards to Bank of America. I was a little shocked about this because I thought a bank that handled the military's banking would be on the up and up. Instead she alerts us that hundreds of dollars go missing and when she debates the missing money they inform her of surcharges and fees and when she debates THAT, they dump a bunch of red tape on her and she just says screw it, rather than fight to get answers and her money back, which is what I assume they set out to do in the first place.

I bank with Chase, and have absolutely no problems with them.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have one with Fifth Third bank that I've had for almost 10 years now. Yikes! I've never had any problems with them, but my mom did, and stopped using them several years ago. Until they wrong me, I don't plan on closing that account.

I also have multiple accounts with Woodforest National Bank. I highly recommend them, too.

8. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not telling you.:p Next you'll open a thread asking for peoples real names and then another asking their address, etc.:D Only jokin.
    My bank is "Priority One Oricle" Or "POO" Joking again, I'm with barclays.

9. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have Wells Fargo..... they used to be Wachovia...... and before that it was First Union......and before that they were the Big First. I have been with them since they were the Big First. They d=sure have come a long way.

10. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    I have my account with NYCB.

I stay away from the big banks now. At least with smaller, local banks they give you more personalized attention and care. These bigger banks make you feel expendable.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have checking accounts at Fidelity, Chase and University Credit Union. I prefer the credit union the best. I am seriously considering letting Chase go, but they are located everywhere.

12. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with HSBC. People tell me that I should change because they're more oriented towards business than ordinary people, but I've never had any problems with them. I've also got an online savings account at ING.

13. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Do it.

My uncle reports similar problems to my family all the time. He is so unhappy, but he cannot leave the bank as my aunt swears by its "good customer service". From what he says though, staying is a big mistake!

14. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I have an account with Wells Fargo, they provide decent service and the charges are not very high either. Earlier I had an account with Bank of America but as someone previously said, they are the biggest scam artists ever. I am also planning to open an account with Citi but I am not sure whether to proceed ahead.

15. ohheyguys

ohheyguysNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to look for local credit unions. However, lately, I've been adding electronic bank accounts due to their high interest rates. Banks like Ally and ING offer great customer service without having to enter a branch. Plus, Ally refunds ALL ATM fees. That means I don't need to look for a specific ATM when I'm out and about. I do keep my credit union account, though, as sometimes there occasions when you actually need to go to a bank.

16. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    We use one of the big monster banks. I'm not proud of it. We used a small local bank for a few years, but when we built our home, the monster bank had the best rates and incentives. The rates were lower if you had a checking and savings account with them. I still keep a little money in the small bank. The mortgage will be paid some day, and I'll switch back to the small bank.

17. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I have an account with the biggest bank in my country. I chose it because it was the first to have Visa which I need for my online payments. Also it's part of an international ATM network and I can withdraw my money easily even when I am in another country.

18. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I have Huntington bank and I have been using them for 3 years, and I think that they have been great and they have awesome service. I think I am going to stay with Huntington into the near future.

19. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    Me and my husband have a joint account at Wells Fargo. We've been with them for a few years now and they have been one of the best banks we've ever had. Customer service is great and we rarely have any problems at all with them. I, myself, have a bank account at one of our local credit unions and have been with them since before I even knew my husband so I've had that bank for about 15 years. No real problem with them either. The only reason I keep that one active is because that was my business account for when I was selling Avon several years ago.

20. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    My first bank account was with Wells Fargo, but I closed it down. I didn't really like the banking service they had because it didn't seem like there was anything better than the other banks. My most recent bank account was a Chase, but I closed that one as well. I'm not a fan of banks because they charge your ridiculous overdraft fees. I'm more of a debit card man that seems to work out better for me.