Has anyone used Aveeno body lotion?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mark500 • Jul 25, 2012.

1. mark500

mark500New Member

Threads:
    Hello friends,

My skin is very dry and one of my friend suggest me to use Aveeno Skin care body lotion. has anyone used it before? please give your reviews!!!

Thanks in advance :eek:

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I sure have. I really like it, especially because the smell is so light. I wish it weren't so expensive, though, so I only buy it when I have coupons and it's on sale.

3. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have used it, and I love it. It really does help to keep your skin moist, but it also makes it soft. I also like it because the smell is not too strong, which is a big plus for me.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have really dry skin too. I tried Aveeno lotion, but it is quite expensive and was beyond my budget at the time. I tried Nivea lotion and it works great. It also is a bit more affordable. Also, a lot of people seem to love the smell and assume that I'm wearing perfume.

5. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    My wife uses it. Sadly enough I'm allergic to something in that lotion though. So I think anytime she uses it is her way of basically saying she doesn't want me near hear that day lol

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I haven't, but I've read GREAT reviews on the Aveeno brand for moisturizers. Go for it! :)

7. rattanchauhan

rattanchauhanNew Member

Threads:
    If you have a dry skin then Aveeno is the product for you. My friend has been using this for quite a while , but I just tried it recently on his suggestion.
    I must say it really works great. This keeps my skin hydrated with daily use. It moisturizes your skin by deeply penetrating into it. ne shouldn't be having any issues to try it out as I have not heard anybody being allergic to it.

8. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely a good option. I don't use lotion personally, but my roommate does. She tried all kinds of brands and finally found Aveeno. I am not sure which type of Aveeno lotion it is but she says she will never buy anything else. She has really really dry skin but now she applies Aveeno once a day and it's all better. :)

9. Fashionista

FashionistaNew Member

Threads:
    I’ve used Aveeno lotions for about 2 or 3 years now. They’re amazing, I absolutely love them! :D . They don’t leave my skin dry or too oily and they make me feel awake in the morning. After a while, you even start to notice you have a clearer complexion and even a bit of a glow. I didn’t notice it at first, but when I stopped using them I noticed what difference they made. I love using them right after my shower or after washing my face.

10. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    It was a late start for me, but it is the moisturising body lotion of choice now. I think it is the Colloidal Oatmeal in it that makes it so special. I particularly use it on itchy, dry skin, patches of eczema or psoriasis as when they flare up. The lotion leaves a protective barrier on the skin, which lasts almost all day long!
    For those who can't afford it, you could try apply a home-made blend of finely powdered oatmeal (the long-cooking variety) in water, then rinse it off. Make this your end-of-shower ritual if you can manage to remember to keep the blend ready. This way, you will benefit from the goodness of oatmeal, without having to buy expensive lotions.

11. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    Of all the moisturizers Aveeno is the best. The oatmeal one is great for eczema. I have a friend who uses it regularly and says when she does not use it, her skin will show. It traps the moisture in your skin. There are a good few different brands. I think you will like the Avenno if you try it. Your friend gave you a good suggestion.

12. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    I think it depends on the skin in general. I have dry skin, too. And I used Aveeno knowing that it's supposed to be a really good product... I got the opposite effect. It made my skin extremely dry and just hard to deal with. I guess I could be allergic to it? But I have seen others use it and it has worked. :) The price, as others have already mentioned, are pretty high. But if it works for you, then it's worth it. :)

13. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I do not use it myself, but I have a friend who swears by it and won't buy any other lotion. I do want to get some after I use up the 4-5 bottles I've stocked up on of other lotions, just based on her raves about it. She has extremely dry skin and says this is the only lotion that keeps it feeling and looking moist.

14. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Aveeno lotion is great. So is their body wash. To be honest, most Aveeno products are really good. If cost is an issue, however, you could try Lubriderm lotion as it is also very good for dry skin. Vaseline Cocoa Butter might also be a really good option for you.

15. wickerbaskets

wickerbasketsNew Member

Threads:
    Aveeno is actually very good. It's one of the few lotions that my skin responds to positively. It really smooths out my skin and since I have issues with dry skin, the lotions and creams re-hydrate my skin quite nicely.

16. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Personally, I've never used it. But judging from the positive reviews from the users I thinks you should go for it provided you can afford it. Check some informed reviews on the link below:

17. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Have not used the Aveeno body lotion, but have and do use the moisturizer. Which is an excellent product, based on my use of it, I would think the body lotion would bve great as well.

18. Moneypincher28

Moneypincher28New Member

Threads:
    Yeah I've used Aveeno Body Lotion a couple of times and can honestly say it does a good job in moisturizing dry skin. But there are a lot of other moisturizers that work the same as well so I really wouldn't say that lotion is anything special. One of my favorite moisturizers to use is some type of cocoa butter moisturizer. Those do an excellent job and some can be even cheaper than Aveeno's line of products.

19. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    Aveeno is the only type of moisturizer I use for my young son. The doctor recommended it but made it very clear that I should only get Aveeno Cream, not the lotion. He said the lotion will not work as well to heal dry skin as the cream will because the cream comes out a lot thicker. I particularily like and trust Aveeno more then other moisturizers because it is natural.

20. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I have used it before because of a free sample, and I thought it was ok. No better or worse than any other typical moisturizers. I like St. Ives moisturizers more.