Liquid Softener or Dryer Sheets

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Pocs • Aug 5, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Which do you think makes your clothes all comfy and soft? Liquid softener or dryer sheets?

Got to love the sheets, just pop them in and forget about them. Plus sheets can be placed in drawers, closets, shoes anything to keep smelling fresh. Also, I have a older washer and remembering to add the liquid would be a hassle I don't need.

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to dry the clothes out on the line when there is plenty of sunshine. In the past, during summer, I'd use the liquid softener. But, I feel the conditioner compartment of my washing machine often gets clogged, and I feel icky about it. So, I've started using a 2-in-1 detergent powder recently, which has both detergent and conditioner in it. I'm quite happy with it so far. Dryer sheets are lovely too, and they leave the clothes with that final brush of aroma, but I haven't used them in a long time.

3. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    I don't use either one during the summer. I use the clothesline, like Gina said, but I add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle. This helps the clothes not get as stiff on the line. I only use dryer sheets in the winter months if it is clothes that will get a lot of static build-up, like winter knits.

4. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have a few clothes lines in my yard and that's what I use during the summer. During the winter months, I prefer dryer sheets, because of the reason you stated "I can pop them in and forget about it".

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I never had much luck with liquid softeners so have been using the dryer sheets instead. I do like to hang dry certain items but others not so much because of the stiffness factor. I recently received a Mr. Steamy as a gift but haven't tried it yet. You add a little bit of water into the ball and toss the ball into the dryer. It is supposed to replace using dryer sheets but I am not sure how well it will handle static so I am a little leary of trying it.

6. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    I dont use either. The reason fabrics lose their softness is detergent and mineral buildup. Adding a cup of vinegar to the wash with no soap will remove any residues.

7. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    I like the dryer sheets. I really never bought the liquid softener because I would probably forget to put it in the rinse. Also I dry the clothes outside but I still like to put the clothes in the dryer to take out any wrinkles and the sheet gives it a beautiful smell on the clothes.