What 3 Stephen King books do you like?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pocs • Aug 5, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Many of us have seen see a few of the movies adapted from the books or short stories by Stephen King. How many have actually read the book or story? Of those books and stories which one would you like to see come to the big screen? What 3 books are your favorite and which one if any, would you like to see made into a movie?

1. Gerald's Game. Definatly needs to be made into a movie. Although the content might cause it to be rated R. It's a great story with a small cast and set basically in one room. I don't want to give it away, but if you haven't read, give it a try.

2. The Stand. awesome, awesome story. A nice twist on the end of the world and survival. The battle of good and evil always makes a good story.

3. Pet Cemetery. Pretty creeping with the coming back to life thing, especially with a child and your beloved pet involved.

2. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting post. I actually have never seen any Stephen King movies nor read his books! I had considered it just never did. I know a lot of my friends have read Pet Cemetery.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite Stephen King novel is an old one, The Dead Zone. I saw the movie first. Martin Sheen was great as the charismatic psychopath. I read the book a years later. I liked the book much better than the movie.

--The Dark Tower (I loved the entire series).
    --Salem's Lot

I haven't read all or even most of his novels. These are my favorites of the ones I've read.

4. chocbunny

chocbunnyNew Member

Threads:
    Pet Sematary (love how the title is misspelled!) is a fantastically creepy book that often pops into my mind and freaks me out. It already has been made into a movie but I refuse to see it in case I get more freaked out!

Thinner (as Richard Bachman) was also a great story.

And I really liked Insomnia, but I don't see how it would translate into film, it is a very long book!

5. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVED Insomnia! I also rate Carrie and Cujo in my top three Stephen King books - however, the man can pretty much do no wrong with me, I LOVE anything he writes! I wasn't really impressed with IT but that said, I watched the film first and I think that ruined it for me!

6. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Pet Cemetery and The Stand have already been made into movies. I did not like Geralds games at all, I thought it was incredibly boring where not much actually happened.

I really want to read the new one, Dr Sleep.

The ones that I would like see be made into movies are

1. Cell
    2. The Long Walk
    3. The Talisman

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Cell would make a great movie ,because so many people are dependent on cell phones that it would be terrifying if something like the incident in the book actually happened.
    I liked Needful Things, because of how the evil shopkeeper catered to everyone's greed and darkest desires and how people were willing to do anything to keep their precious items, even harm their friends and neighbors. And of course I like Carrie and The Shining. But my favorite Stephen King movie was Rose Red because the house was darkly beautiful, the story was quite an epic adventure and the cast was great.