What Are Your Favorite Cheap Cleaning Products?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by ACSAPA • Aug 6, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi Guys,

I was at Walmart a couple of weeks ago and found a little brown bottle of super concentrated Lysol cleaner for $3.97 that makes 9 gallons of product when you add it to water. This has been around for decades, but I forgot about it because other more flashy products have come out.
    It still seems like a good deal to me because 9 gallons of disinfectant all purpose cleaner would go a long way. I also read that this is the product that hospitals use to disinfect the floors. I also heard a rumor that the Center For Disease Control uses it because it kills the flu virus and 99.9 percent of viruses and bacteria.
    Does anyone else use super concentrated Lysol and think it's a bargain?

[​IMG]

Another product I heard good things about ,but it's always sold out is
    LA's Totally Awesome All Purpose cleaner which sells for $1 at places like Walmart, Family Dollar and some 99 cent stores.
    Supposedly it's an amazing degreaser and people even use it to clean dirty stoves and cars.
    Have you tried this $1 product and did it live up to all the testimonials?

[​IMG]

This thread is about the best bargain cleaning products from the store, so if you make your own organic products, there's already another thread for that which someone else started.

2. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    My cheap favorite cleaning product would have to be Comet cleanser. I love the Lavender Deodorizing Cleanser with Bleach. I purchase it from my local dollar store and it does a great job cleaning tough cleaning problems.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the Awesome to clean just about everything including the laundry. When I worked as a waitress I would clean my uniform with Awesome because it got some of the worse stains out of my clothes. I clean floors, carpet we even cleaned the deck with a strong concentration of Awesome.

It lives up to the name.

4. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    People also forget about Pine-Sol, I love that smell! I still use Lysol also. I'm a minimalist about cleaning supplies. I don't want a cabinet full of products. I keep Lysol, Pine-Sol, Awesome, Bleach, a glass cleaner and Comet on hand. In the bathroom I keep Scrubbing Bubbles. That's it! I also use awesome as my furniture polish.

5. LiquidatorBrunt

LiquidatorBruntMember

Threads:
    Yes, Comet, I use this for nearly everything! Comet and hot water, cheap and effective. If Comet is too harsh I find plain old hot water and some scrubbing to do a good job cleaning most things, and that's pretty dang cheap.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's pretty impressive how many of you guys use and like the yellow Awesome cleaner. I'll definitely have to pick some up next time I'm at the Family Dollar. Thanks for the tip. I always suspected that there were some good bargain cleaners out there and it's unnecessary to spend $4-5 on expensive cleaners.

7. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    For cleaning windows, all you need is a bucket of water and either a capful of amonia or a few drops of dishwashing detergent. Get a good professional squeeegee, dip in the bucket, use the sponge side to get the glass wet. Then take the squeegee side and, with the one end of the squeegee, run it horizontally across the very top of the window, leaving about a one-inch dry strip (this prevents water drops from running down). Then start using the squeegee wiping vertically all the way to the bottom of the window, wiping the squeegee blade after each long stroke. You don't need to spend money on Windex and other glass cleaners. This is the way professional window cleaners wash window.

8. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I have a variety of cheap cleaning products that I could not live without:

Comet ($0.87)

Lysol spray ($1.50)

Fresh air spray ($1.00)

Windex [no name] ($0.99)

9. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    I use all-natural cleaners as much as possible, as they're far cheaper and way healthier. I do buy and swear by Awesome, though. It excels at cleaning anything plastic, although you can use it for about anything.

10. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    wow I have seen that bottle of Lysol since I was a child. Mom always used it to clean, and Murphy's Oil soap too. I grew up loving that smell and that is what I use to clean as an adult. Another favorite of mine is Vinegar...I have pets and it helps with the pet smells.

11. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    Vinegar also kills 99.9% of germs. You can clean everything in your home including laundry in a pinch with just vinegar, baking soda and dawn dish soap! All 3 items are inexpensive and best of all non toxic!

12. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Baking soda and vinegar are really good for cleaning tiles and floors, We often use those. The concentrated lysol cleaner is a really ood find. Thanks for sharing!!

13. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I agree. Also, lemons are a natural bleaching agent and they make your garbage disposal smell so clean and fresh. If you dislike the smell of vinegar, adding in a lemon or two to a spray bottle will provide a pleasant citrus smell. I love these products!

14. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a vinegar, baking soda and essential oils kind of girl! I like things natural. And I like things cheap. So vinegar and baking soda is an cheap as it gets. Plus it is safe, healthy for people and pets. And if you add some essential oils, things can smell pretty nice!

15. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite cheap cleaning product is Comet cleanser, Non name brand windex and Pine Sol and Bleach. They are all basics but they work.

16. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    OMG!! My mom loves this that "Awesome" stuff. She buys it all the time. I thought it wouldn't work because it was only a dollar but it actually does work especially on stains.

17. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I am a natural clean freak. I use vinegar, baking soda and water to clean most stuff. But I do love Lysol. I have used it for so many years so I always keep a bottle full around for some quick cleaning.

18. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Lysol is one of the things my family relied on when I was younger so I used it as well when I became an adult. Now though, I prefer to use fewer chemicals so I use vinegar and baking soda for some things and "natural" or eco-friendly cleaners everywhere else. I don't really have to worry about germy surfaces so that is less of an issue for me.

19. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Anyone of you familiar with Stanhome products? It is actually a French brand and also being distributed in some parts of the world. Their products are the most effective that I have tried, and very economical, too. But what I really love about Stanhome, aside from the effective products it has, is the fact that all ingredients and components used in their cleaning products are safe for children and safe to the environment. Stanhome makes sure that it uses products that are safe for all members of the family--safe to inhale, safe to touch, etc.

20. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely love a lot of the cheap cleansers at Dollar Tree. That Totally Awesome degreaser stuff is magical, and it's much cheaper than Greased Lightening. And, to me, it smells better too. I like the Lysol Kitchen spray, and I can sometimes find it at Dollar Tree. Otherwise, it's like $2 for a bigger bottle at Family Dollar.