Quibid

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Pocs • Aug 6, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried this? I'm curious on how it works. The commercials on tv and ads on the Internet make it sound interesting and I'm thinking I might give it a try.

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried googling it? You will find out exactly how it works. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

3. Moneypincher28

Moneypincher28New Member

Threads:
    I would strongly advise you to not try it. Despite the fact that you technically can win the items being featured on there, it is extremely difficult and what may seem as nearly impossible. People have compared it to gambling and for good reason. The way the system is set up, you will most likely end up throwing away your money over there.

4. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    it is like ebay but with a twist to avoid people running up the price. you have to buy bids and then use those bids on the item you want. so if the item goes up by 1 cent every time someone bids then that is how the cost is determined. you bought, say 100 bids, and now get to place bids on these items and get them at a low cost.

so if you buy a tv for $100, plus the $150 you spend on bids it comes out to $250...they don't really mention that in the commercials where they say an ipad for 25 cents or whatever.

5. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    There's a super tiny disclaimer at the bottom of the commercial where the guy won all those items for cheap. The disclaimer says "results not typical".

6. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Be careful on Quibids. I say the commercials last year and tried it out. Of course bidding was fun and addictive, which is what they hope for. I placed bids on gift cards only, but still went through $200 with perhaps a $100 in gifts cards to show for it. First you have to pay a certain amount just to join then once you start bidding, if you win, you have to pay shipping which is an additional cost. I won a $10 gift card but spent $20 in bids to get it plus I had to pay $2 to have it shipped. I felt like a winner for just a brief moment and then felt pretty stupid for spending so much. The sad thing is, I was bored so I'd log in and try again. Thank God for getting me away from it. It's just like gambling and trust me, it's all a gamble on Quibids. Draw a line and place a limit on spending or you'll go overboard!

7. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I signed up for a free trial but it makes NO sense to me. I dont' see how anyone could ever win, as soon as the bid is about to run out someone else can bid and the timer starts over. I still have like 25 bids left.

8. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips! You really learn so much more from actual people than just simply googling it.

9. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    i don;t like it. It claims to be better than ebay however I disagree. You have to put so much money in and then you can be part of the bidding. I would really research this before you get started on it.
    Not a fan at all.

10. Robert E.

Robert E.New Member

Threads:
    Thank you for bringing these questions to mind now, so that I won't make mistakes later. I have not heard or seen the commercials as I do not watch television. I would probably have found it regardless and tried it out. I'll be sure to steer clear of sites like these. You may have saved me a good amount of money. I'll stay with Ebay!

11. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I've messed around with those sites and to be honest, it's not worth it. Your money can get drained fast and since so many people are using them now, it all comes down to be a matter of luck. There's a lot better luck based options out there. It's easy to get caught up in the gimmick but most people end up losing on these penny bidding sites. If there's any with free trials, I'd say it's worth it, but don't go past it and start depositing money because it'll go before your eyes lol.