How Do You Get Your News?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pat • Aug 8, 2012.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Today more and more people get their news by looking at tv or online. Few people read the news paper the old fashion way. I get my information online. How do you get your news.

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I just stopped reading our local newspaper over the past few months and just read it online. I only check it out to see who is getting arrested or murdered. There isn't much else to it. We do get a free newspaper full of ads with a recap of the weeks stories and I still read it once a week. Otherwise I watch the news on my lunch break and use apps on my iPhone.

3. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I get mine online. I have a tab with "latest headlines" written on it, tap that and woosh, a plethora of freaky scary news bulletins for me to browse through. :D

4. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    For the last couple of years , I always get my news by reading them over internet.Its a lot easier than reading newspapers :).

5. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Online and especially from Twitter. I however enjoy reading the Newspapers and Watching television when I'm free. The fact that newspapers still sell well disqualifies your categorization of them as old fashioned

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with what you affirm. In my family, live the digital media with traditional. But older people are reported by the newspaper in print and television news. On the other hand, I use the new technologies of communication. Mainly I read the news in the newspapers that are online and some users of Twitter. I also see some television programs on different websites. In this way the news comes faster and the possibility of having an extensive catalog of alternatives. We must be commensurate to the advancement of technology, and I believe that online media is the key.

7. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I look online for my news. Once in a blue moon I will watch the local news on the TV.

8. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer getting news online like most of the previous posters. It is not like watching the news because I can read what I want (and watch if there is video) and not have to wait for it to come on the news program. Also, a simple search can pull of thousands of articles from all over the world. I have never read the local newspaper and probably never will :D

9. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I always get my news online - occasionally if it is breaking news I will put on the TV to find out more. I never buy newspapers anymore - all the news is old by the time the papers are out.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get most of my news online. It's fast and I can read it anytime. If I'm Starbucks, I will look at the local paper for more local news. I will also browser through the newspaper and magazine section if I'm in the library. A part of me will enjoying reading the news in print.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Online, or from local news like My9, CW11, FOX 5, NBC, CBA, etc. Cable news is a bit trickier. I trust CNN the most. MSNBC second, and FOX News is good for laughs.

12. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Basically I get news from my mobile phone but it could still be considered as online source because I use the internet. I find it convenient because I could read news anywhere. I don't have to sit in front of the t.v or carry a laptop. With a smartphone I could even read the latest news even when I am in the bathroom.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I get most of them online, from either newspaper webs and/or forums.

14. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    This is the best way to get news indeed, most of my news I read via portals !:)

15. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I haven't bought a newspaper or magazine in I don't know how many years!! I use the internet for getting nationwide news and the TV for my local news twice a day. I don't even know the use for a newspaper LOL

16. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have the newspaper delivered to my house a long time ago. I haven't picked up a newspaper in a while. Online is the most popular way to get the latest news. They have stories that the news may have forgot. I hate the newspaper because when you read it the ink comes off on your hands.

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I only buy Newspapers these days for big stories. Like when the Giants win the Superbowl or something. Paper could be worth a lot of money in the future with a sports headline from years or decades ago.

18. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I prefer to read my news from a newspaper, but as they have become more expensive, I tend to pick up the headlines each day online. If there's a story I want to investigate in depth, I'll switch to one of the dedicated news channels on tv to get all the background. I check out the headlines at least once a day - I like to stay informed.

19. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Newspapers aren't really expensive. Here in NY not even over $2.00. I think though it was inevitable that prices would go up from the $1.25 I was used to when I was in High School. Because online news has become such a take-away from the old paper ways. That it was only a matter of time before the prices went up due to a lack of circulation.

20. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    Same way. I have 2-3 news websites that I surf everyday in the morning, but I still read the news paper from time to time especially when I don't have a PC nearby