How to make homemade night creams and do they really work?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by dhintaka • Aug 14, 2012.

1. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    What I have always heard from others is that one much moisturize our skin before going to bed. Friends of mine suggested me to use night creams, but they are very expensive. I am sure there must be various products that's available at home which can substitute these expensive branded creams. I also want to know if "Night Cream" really works?

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what goes into the night cream. If you are preparing one yourself, like I do most of the time, I'd use a cheap, shop brand cream (or aloe vera gel or cream) and add a few drops of essential oils and a few drops of vitamin E oil. It not only moisturizes the skin but also gets rid of blemishes over a period of time.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I second the use of oils, but use jojoba oil instead of vitamin E oil. You can get 4 oz for around $6 USD and it will last you a while. This oil doesn't clog your pores and is great for all skin types. I was a little unsure about using it because I have oily skin so I thought it was just going to make me oilier, but it did the opposite and my pores look smaller! It's amazing! It really helps soften up blackheads and makes extractions a bit easier.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I just alternate between using pure aloe vera gel some nights (if you can get hold of a leaf from an aloe plant, they tend to grow wild, get a leaf from the bottom of the plant and then peel off the skin, wipe off the gel underneath the skin.....use the inner gel). It is amazing. Alternatively, we use coconut oil, jojoba and/or avocado oil (the oil is sold at most stores).

These work. I have used some of the most expensive creams in the past and they cannot compare to these options. Worth a try. I reckon.

5. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks, Steph. I haven't used jojoba oil much in any of my preps. Will surely try it now, if it helps with pores!

6. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    Thank you all so much for the great suggestions. I am going to try using these oils. My sister has dark circles under her eyes. Are there some homemade cream or oils that she can use in the night which might reduce her patch? Please do suggest.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I just love my jar of coconut oil. I found I can use it for so many things. I put it in the bathtub and soak at night with my bubble bath. I also put it in some of my food to help me get the healthy fat I need. But my all time favorite use, is after my bath, I put it on my feet, and put on some socks and sleep with them on. It has totally removed my foot odor that I haven't been able to get rid of forever.