Affordable Clothing!

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by jovan107 • Aug 16, 2012.

1. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I am a plus size size 14-16 and I purchase most of my clothing online. I normally purchase clothes from 10dollarmall.com, its a great online store that offers a variety of sizes and accessories. I frequent this site a lot. I also purchase clothes from Forever21.com plus sizes, 599fashions.com, and a local clothing store name Dots,their website is Dots.com, but you cannot purchase anything from their website. Besides the sites I have listed, Walmart.com, Macys.com, Sears.com, Kmart.com, and Jcpenney.com, What are some other affordable clothing websites you shop from? Do you like the quality of clothing they sell? The sites I have mentioned offer great clothing.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to buy many things online, but clothing isn't one of them. Sizes can vary greatly so I like to try on clothes. I am very picky about clothing. It has to fit and fall correctly. I don't like thin fabric unless it's supposed to be shear. I have checked out Old Navy's website and they have great customer reviews, but I am still hesitant to buy clothes online.

3. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Meh. Not really a great selection. Too bad they didn't have any men's khaki pants. They have become so expensive these last few years. I don't know why... But thank you for the link, I'll definitely pass it to a couple of my acquaintances who would appreciate a site like this!

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I have a hard time buying clothes online. I'm not a difficult size to fit, and so it's unlikely that I'll buy something and it won't fit, but I keep feeling like anything I buy online won't fit, haha!

5. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with what everyone else has said- I do not buy clothes online. I like to try to go to outlets. I also don't but from stores that are super cheap like some of the ones you mention. Forever21 was fun when I was in college but their clothes (aside from being a little too young for me now especially when I am at work which is often) wear out QUICKLY and are rather poorly made. I have found that you often get what you pay for and am willing to pay slightly more for clothes I know will last. For example I went to an Ann Taylor outlet last weekend and got a suit much cheaper than would otherwise have been possible, though for more than I'd pay somewhere with low quality clothing. Paying more for a good product did not bother me, especially since my size is thankfully not in flux.

That is just my opinion, though.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    When I buy clothes it has to be in person. I can't just go by the size that they state on the tag. I need to see it in real life, so I can get an idea of how it will fit. I'm a guy so I don't try any of my clothes on in the store. I just guestimate if it will fit me or not. If the clothes I buy don't fit, I'll just keep them, and hopefully I find the right size next time. I don't waste my time returning stuff I keep it and I'll just live with the mistake I made.

7. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    I have alot of 14's up on ebay as we speak! You can get some great deals because of people like me that wash things before trying them on! Same with goodwill. If your not opposed to going there you can find practically new clothes

8. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for this information, I will check it out!

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I do buy them online so long as I can get them at a super cheap price. That way, if they don't fit, then I don't have any problem just giving them to a friend. No real money loss and it became a cheap gift instead. Often times, it's close enough where it's either going to fit or can be altered slightly and sitll be worth it.

10. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It is pretty rare that I have bought clothing online but so far have not had any problems. Most of what I have bought has been either sports related or music related shirts so it is pretty hard to go wrong with those.

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have never brought anything online as far as clothes but then I have never heard of some of the places that you mentioned either. But I will check it out and see what they have and maybe buy a blouse or two. I love nice blouses and sweaters. It's nice to know there are other places to check out. I have no ideas for you at this time but if I come across something I will let you know.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love Forever21! If I want affordable and stylish clothes I go there. I love Zara and Top Shop too! I buy my clothes there sometimes as well. :)

13. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have purchased quite a few handbags and shoes from Zara, I think they offer great products.

14. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also now a plus sized, after giving birth to my son. I love the clothes from Forever 21, because their plus size clothes can be really sexy even though they are meant for bigger women. I also shop on the local mall near us. They have a great selection and they offer great prices.

15. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of 10dollarmall.com I'll have to check that out. I'm all for a good bargain. I 'm plus size too and usually find my stuff in person but if I shop online I'll do Walmart, Lane Bryant.com, Avenue.com or Ashley Stewart.com. Of these the best value and style overall would be Ashley Stewart.com. Because Avenue and Lane Bryant are more pricey I only shop when they have an online sale or have a coupon code to offer.

16. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I'm just starting to buy clothes online. I never did because I figured they wouldn't fit, but I've had at least one good experience with Kohls.com. For really good deals, I used a local consignment store, but they recently closed and nothing in my area has as good of a selection as they did. I'm going to check out 10dollarmall.com. If items really are $10, that's quite a deal. Thanks for the tips.

17. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    I haven't heard of 10dollarmall.com or 599fashions.com. What's the quality like from these stores? Do they sell a lot of cotton clothing or is it mostly man-made fibers?

I like to shop at Asos. They have free shipping both ways and several hubs in the US so everything ships fast, even though they are a UK store. The sales are great and they come around often.

18. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I love 10dollarmall clothing,they have great stuff. I shop at dhstyles and 1015store.com has some nice clothing 15 and under, very stylish. I like lovemode.com too!

19. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing such nice post....

20. markhanah

markhanahNew Member

Threads:
    Shopping is one of my hobby. I am crazy about purchase new clothing. Here I get many website for online shopping. Due to this type of sites I get best style of clothing, new design, comfortable fabric in this all online store as well as get clothing in affordable rates.