What is your dog's favorite toy?

Discussion in Pets started by sandooch • Aug 24, 2012.

1. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Dogs and there toys, right? I think my poodle, Gigi, has more toys than I did as a little girl. Okay, I'm exagerating a bit, but not by much. When I go to bed at night, I have to take off at least 5 of her toys that she's left on my side of the bed. But her all time favorite toy is her unstuffed small chipmunk. I don't know why, but she adores this ugly thing. It is the only toy that she will walk around with in her mouth and cry at the same time if no one will play with it with her.

What is your dog's favorite toy to play with?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have an old basset hound and have tried lots of different toys all to no avail. He simply just doesn't want to play! His favorite thing to do is sleep. His second favorite thing to do is eat. He occasionally chomps on a bone or chases a cat out of the yard but other than that...nothing. We love him anyways.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    It's funny but my dog ​​doesn't enjoy much of the toys we ever bought. He prefers to play with things in the garden. When a puppy, we had to challenge because grab anything. Now, he's already grown far more entertaining and playing with twigs, small sticks, bottles and things like that. The logic of dogs to choose their favorite toys is a mystery, and yet I haven`t been able to uncover. Anyway, he hasn't pretensions and welcomes anything that would give away.

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    The Kong balls are my dog's absolute favourite. They are strong, have a great bounce and are very indestructible. These balls are healthier and safer than tennis balls.

He also loves stuffed toys. But so he can destroy them!

5. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I like the Kong too my yorkies Coco and Mara have one. They always eat all the other toys I buy them, but the Kong has been around for a year or so. I wish I could find a squeeky toy that they couldn't destroy.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    My dog loves her stuffed toys. Actually she is jealous of my teddy. But her all time favorite is her Air Kong donut squeaker toy. She will use it as her pillow, wear it around her nose and walk all around the house trying to get some attention. The squeaking gets louder when we have guests and they give her some attention. This is her current passion.

7. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    When we had our dog, he used to play with potatoes! We would find them all over the house rotting because he had hidden them so well. I have no idea what the obsession with potatoes was about but he never touched anything else - no dog toys, slippers etc. :)

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Livvi this is the funniest thing I have heard on dog's choice of toys. To think of it, our cookie used to play with coconut shells and leave them all around the house, but that wasn't her favorite toy then, it was a cute stuffed bunny that she used to carry all around.

9. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    Right now, it's any kind of bsll he can fit in his mouth. Even if the ball doesn't belong to him, he thinks it's his. And he will bark at you until you give it to him.

10. annagoryun

annagoryunMember

Threads:
    Everything that is not meant to be an actual toy: Shoes, Furniture, Card Board Boxes, and TV remotes. But now I discovered squeaky toys, however with a big dog like mine they do not last for more than 5 hours. If your dog has teeth and it is a big dog, no toy will keep it entertained for more than 20 minutes to may be an hour. there will be something new and more exciting, and even more valuable. :D

11. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    My dog goes nuts over his Hyperflite frisbee. It's the only brand he doesn't destroy. When we get ready to go out with that, he is so well behaved. Once we're back inside he doesn't pay much attention to toys. He'll chase a ball occasionally, but nothing makes him as happy as chasing that frisbee.

12. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    My Lola has quite a few baby leftovers. She has cleaned the stuffing out of most of them and still loves to play with them. If I start to pick up all the toys, she goes right behind me and take them right back out. We just look at each other like some kind of stand off. lol!!!

13. mvpdogs

mvpdogsNew Member

Threads:
    Buy all kind of accessories for your dogs like steelers dog bed, steelers dog collar and steelers dog jersey etc. with MVP Dogs which is the biggest online shop of all pet accessories varieties.

14. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    My dog loves a laser dot {but she knows where it comes from}, and she is really big on pretending to attack my hand. Sometimes she will play tug of war, and she will occasionally play with her teddy bear.

15. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt, it has to be tennis balls. My labrador goes nuts any time he sees anything remotely yellow and round. He's a bit of a goof ball but man, he sure can catch a tennis ball.

16. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dog's favourite toy is an old teddy bear that I have stitched together many times when I couldn't find him a new one. These days his teddies wear out quite fast, so I have to go to the opportunity shop every so often to get him a new one. Teddy bears have been driving my dog crazy since he was a puppy. He used to run around the garden, throw it in the air and just go wild. These days he still does it but now prefers to methodically destroy the toy by first ripping out its eyes, then tearing off its limbs, and so on. I will spare you the gory details. ;-)

17. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    My dog doesn't actually have any toys, but I do plan on buying one soon. He's a playful dog, and he nibbles a lot, so I really think a toy can be a great thing for him.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll probably get a toy that is good to chew on, not a stuffed animal because he would just mess up the floor with the fluffy insides.

18. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    My dog ignores all the toys we give her, all she wants is a pillow to hump :)
    We used to waste money on toys but they would all collect in the corner being ignored, she's happy enough just lounging around the house.

19. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My Cavalier is a male, Duke, and his favorite toy is a baby pink stuffed bear (yes, you heard that right). I try to get male toys for him, like blue balls and ropes, and even stuffed bones... he does play, but his favorite is the pink bear!!!

20. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to deliver pizzas. One of my regular customers had a black lab who always came up to my car with a yellow tennis ball (always wet!) in her mouth, begging me to toss it.