Five Below

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Deana • Aug 29, 2012.

1. Deana

DeanaNew Member

Threads:
    I found this store the other day by accident. We were walking by and decided to stop in. The idea is that everything is $5 or under.

We were excited to find $5 backpacks! My husband and I have six daughters between us and four of them needed new backpacks. They aren't the highest quality, but considering the $25 ones we bought them last year were trashed, if we have to buy them three a year it's still cheaper. They had cute colors and designs too. The girls, who range from 7-14, are happy with what they found. There were also matching lunch bags.

I also found some cheap sheets for their MANY beds that I planned to use as extras. They like them so much, they are using them every day. We found matching over the door hangers also, in cute colors.

We found that the school supplies were so-so price-wise. They only had name brands, so they were cheaper than buying Crayola at the other stores, but I could get Wal-mart brand at Wal-mart for less.

It doesn't appear to be a store where you can go in with an item in mind find it. It's more of a store to go find good deals on things you didn't know you needed. I advise getting on their email list since that's how we found out about the backpacks. Then you'll know what they have when new items come in.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like it would be a good store to check out. I don't think we have any in our area, at least not yet anyway. I'll see what I can find out about them on the web. Glad you got some good deals there, especially on the backpacks. My kids are all grown but I do know what it is like to have to get schools supplies for multiple kids. I can tell you that it really doesn't matter how much you spend on a backpack, they will pretty much need a new one every year anyway. If you can get one for cheap, they like it and it lasts through one school year-you did great!

3. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    Wow, I am so glad I found this post. We have 4 children to get backpacks for this year and I completely forgot about Five Below. I absolutely love that store and the kids seem to get a kick out of it too. I am on their email list too, but have been too busy lately to check my inbox. This is where we are headed this week. Last minute back to school shopping! I might check out the sheets too..great idea.

4. vaericke

vaerickeNew Member

Threads:
    That's really nice. It gives you the feeling that you can buy so many stuff at a small price.

5. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    I love five below. I wouldn't buy electronics from there, but as far as kid's toys, school supplies, and candy and drinks, it's great. There's a five below near a movie theater I go to, and I go in there and buy 3 or 4 boxes of candy for the same price as one small box of candy at the movie theater, and "sneak in" my five below stash of candy and drink. The people who work at the movie theater don't really care that much, either, as most people do it and I'm pretty sure they just sort of look the other way when you have it in the bag still, even though we all know what you're doing.

6. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    Five Below is the best. Our family goes there often. I find so many things there that I never thought to buy, but do. The Five Below we have in our neighborhood is pretty big. I got a case for my iPhone there and it's great. We get basketballs, footballs, candy,t shirts, and even headphones. It's great!

7. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like my kind of shop!! We don't have anything similar in the UK, as far as I know anyway! Although we do have plenty of pound shops - the quality of goods in those shops is a reflection of the price though. Having said that, I do get a bargain or two depending on which pound store I visit.

8. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I've only seen one of them around here but it wasn't bad! Managed to get a case for my phone and I was trying to find a decent one for it FOREVER. There's a lot of unique stuff in there to seperate it from your typical dollar store. Nothing mind blowing but definitely a cool store to check out, a lot of random odds and ends.