Most affordable health insurance?

Discussion in Life & Health Insurance started by redheadinlove • Aug 29, 2012.

1. redheadinlove

redheadinloveNew Member

Threads:
    I am covered by my parents insurance, but my husband doesn't have any and he's really the one that needs it. We have a very tight budget though, any recommendations?

2. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    From what I know, unless your husband can get insurance where he works, you will be paying way more than a tight budget can afford for health insurance.

All I can suggest is to vote for Obama. From what I understand about Obamacare, starting in 2014, your husband will have to have coverage, or he could face a fine of over $600 if you do nothing about getting him some coverage. However, if you are at or below a certain income level, you would be able to get on some sort of government funded program, which would be either cheap or free, and your husband will be taken care of. With Romney care, your husband will have only one plan available. That plan is, "Don't Get Sick!"

3. Abraham07

Abraham07New Member

Threads:
    Well its good but he need to wait till 2014 for buying this plan because he said it will available in 2014. But its really affordable. have you checked it on google. I am sure you will find hundreds of insurance plans on there which are inexpensive. You can select one of them. Go and find. Good luck.

4. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Obama care? why not stick to health insurance in the now. Such as blue cross has plans that could help your need. Just call them and see if they can work something out with you.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know much about how this Obama care is going to work but I hope it works out for everybody. I know I wouldn't be able to be paying any high insurance rates. I am already on a strict budget as it is.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the cheapest health insurance is to be health conscious and live a healthy life by managing stress, eating natural food, exercising, meditating, enjoying yourself, not smoking and drinking etc. It is insurance for the present and the future.

7. soundguy

soundguyNew Member

Threads:
    A few options

There are a few options that exist. The question is what specifically is he looking to cover? Long term care, disability, doctor visits, major medical, prescription drugs, other? Mutual of Omaha provides a few options - and I can help out if you live in Michigan or Indiana. There is one free option that you can investigate - print out a medical benefits card for free at

- click "Our Program" for benefits.

8. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:

do some online searching and compare some deals. Made the decision considering your budget...

9. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Go to

this site will be able to help you find the kind of health insurance you need. It was specifically made for this purpose under a health insurance reform law.