Dry Shampoo

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by eLiz21730 • Aug 30, 2012.

1. eLiz21730

eLiz21730New Member

Threads:
    I have been reading about dry, or no-rinse, shampoo in several magazines lately and am really curious about it! One magazine suggested using it for touching up hair after work-outs when you don't have time to wash and dry. Another magazine had a columnist who said that she has fine hair, so she washes and dries her hair at night and then uses dry shampoo in the morning to freshen it up and it helps her with volume - right up my alley, because I have super fine hair! It showed a reasonably priced one from Suave. I want to try this because it will also save me tons of time in the morning, which I need since I have a two-year old to run after. Would love it if someone could share their experience with this type of product and provide a good recommendation for one to try.

2. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    Hi eLize21730 I love using a dry shampoo on the days when I should be washing my hair but am just too lazy to do so. I am not sure how it would affect ones hair if one had to use it daily. It works well in my mind as it absorbs the excess oil (especially at the roots). I use Tresemme, as according to my knowledge, it is the only dry shampoo product in my country. As a result I don't have any other product to compare it to.

3. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I also use the Tresemme brand dry shampoo spray for my daughter. Even though she generally washes her hair daily, on the rare ocassion she skips a day, her roots can look oily pretty quickly. So this product is a life saver for her. Her hair is also quite fine, and this does give it that extra volume it needs.

4. eLiz21730

eLiz21730New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing, ladies! Two votes for Tresemme sounds good to me! I'll check it out next time I'm at Target or the grocery store. I appreciate that you've shared affordable brands. I did a little extra searching last night and found a site dedicated solely to dry shampoos and boy was it extensive! There are so many to choose from and some are super expensive. Jennifer, you make a good point about daily use. I need to look into that since it may not actually be a good thing to use daily!

5. jaimie_lorraine

jaimie_lorraineMember

Threads:
    Big sexy hair makes a really great dry shampoo! It is not only a dry shampoo but it also works a volumizer. You don't need to use a lot cause it goes a long way and last for awhile. Dry shampoo is great for days that you don't have time to wash your hair and don't want it to look greasy.

6. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    Dry shampoos are great :) I use them when I don't have enough time to wash my hair and my hair need refreshening. I use the Syoss dry shampoo and it has the best effect on me.

7. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've used the Big Sexy brand as well. I have fine hair and a bit oily, so I prefer to wash at night and use it in the morning. It's ok if I skip a shampoo, but I think it would work better on fuller hair. I also think baby powder does just about the same thing, at least for me.

8. jose

joseMember

Threads:
    My hairs are very dry, anyone have any suggestion?

9. Abraham07

Abraham07New Member

Threads:
    Wow its surprising to hear about dry shampoo!!! I don't hear it before about that kind of shampoo but can you please tell what is this. I mean is that some kind of powder or something else? is that more effective and good then other liquid shampoo? Why named dry shampoo? Thanks in advance for your help. If any good benefits of dry shampoo then other shampoos then I would also prefer that one.

10. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Is there a natural dry shampoo? what I mean is are there natural ingredient that can be used as dry shampoo? I would love to use something out of my own kitchen.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I see dry shampoo as an emergency supply only. It's something to have on hand in the event you had a power outage lasting days and no hot water to wash your hair. I don't think it's good for your scalp to be using this all that often. Your scalp needs to shed cells just like the rest of your skin does, so if you don't wash with water, you are not going to be able to get them off. I know my scalp would get itchy if I didn't wash it properly often enough.

12. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I am hearing about dry shampoo for the first time . I think it is a really good shampoo and the one that I should start using quite soon. My hair gets oily pretty quickly and it becomes quite messy after that. I would try this as shampoo as many people have not said anything about damage to the hair.