" Where do you purchase your "As Seen On TV" items?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by dissn_it • Sep 19, 2012.

1. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am just wondering where others are buying their "As Seen On TV" items because I have heard that buying them over the phone can lead to problems. One person that purchased via the phone number said that a leach company pressured them into trying a coupon program and now they are getting a reoccurring charge on their bank account that they are fighting to get stopped. I have only purchased items at a local store so have not had any problems like this happen to me. Have you purchased products using the phone number and had any problems? How about ordering from their official website?

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I get them at Walmart, Walgreens, and sometimes Dollar General.

3. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I thought everyone got this stuff at Walmart myself. I think I've seen some in local drug stores though. If I did want one of these products I would likely just get it at Walmart. I would'nt worry about purchasing off of T.V though. Most of the time your debit or credit card bank/company can reverse or help you with charges if you're having some type of problem.

4. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of stores have these items in their own special section now. I've seen them in Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Dollar General and Sears. I would think that a set amount of time needs to go by before these items make the jump from TV to stores, though.

5. AnnieGreene

AnnieGreeneNew Member

Threads:
    Walmart has an excellent "As Seen On TV" section, and the stores in your local mall are great too. However, if you're looking for a brand new product you might not find it in stores.

I have had good success with purchasing items from AsSeenOnTV.com . Sometimes you might have to wait to receive these types of items longer than you're used to. For example, I usually receive my Amazon order with a couple of days, but TV items can take up to six weeks. I wonder if they are often overwhelmed by the consumers' interest, or if they don't decide how many orders to submit to the factory until they can determine the interest level.

Either way, I'm 99% happy with all my A.S.O.T.V. purchases.

Would love to hear about the latest TV purchases from other folks, and which products they love or hate!

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    We have several stores near here that sell off old 'as seen on tv' products. If you really want the product as soon as it hits the airwaves, then you have to buy over the phone, but there should be no problem. If another company tries to cut in on the deal with an unrelated offer, just ask them to call later, and say that at the moment, you're only interested in the purchase you called in for.

7. Belindafierce

BelindafierceMember

Threads:
    I rarely ever buy anything "As Seen on T.V." unless it's just something too good to pass up. I purchased Slushie Magic online after seeing a few commercials on Cartoon Network a while back. I purchased The Magic Jack at Walmart and am very happy with it so far surprisingly. :)

8. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    We have a store in the mall that only sells these type of items. I think they are actually called As Seen On Tv. If I see something I like I stop in and they usually have it.

9. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    Either ebay or the as seen on tv store. Usually I can find it for cheaper on ebay though, but the as seen on tv store you can see a lot of products in person. Most as seen on tv items are a rip off though.

10. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    They have special 'as seen on tv' aisles at my local Walmart and Walgreens. I think CVS has one, too. I never buy anything from them but I like to spend a good ten or twenty minutes staring at them and reading the packaging!

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only occasionally buy As Seen On TV products, and when I buy them, it's usually at Walmart. Or if I have some Amazon cards from an online rewards program I'll use my Amazon cards to buy the As Seen On TV product on Amazon.com.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Target, WalMart or WalGreens. I would never buy any of those items over the phone. Of course they are going to try and cross sell you all kinds of other crap, or even worse, there may be some additional charges buried in the fine print or not clearly explained to you, causing additional unexpected costs. Not to mention, they typically hike up the shipping fees to unreasonable amounts.

13. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't normally buy them. When I do, I just get them later on after they hit normal store shelves like at Walmart. I have seen them on Ebay, too, so you could try that. There wouldn't be any strings attached like that.

14. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    Amazon and sometimes Wal-Mart if I see them on sale. You know what's weird, I don't think I've ever seen any of them at Target. Are they not there or have I just been randomly missing them? It seems weird that they'd have them at most retail stores but not Target. I like Wal-Mart though as far as actual stores go, sometimes there's a good deal. Nothing that beats Amazon most of the time but eh, you never know.

15. mtgirl

mtgirlNew Member

Threads:
    Don't do it! I have heard of so many horror stories about people getting charged multiple times or never actually receiving the product. Check Bed Bath & Beyond or Jo Ann Fabrics for some of the "as seen on tv" products.

16. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    My choices are either eBay, a local dollar store, Walgreens, Rite Aid, as seen on TV stores at the mall, and heck, even the back end of a Staples. I seldom buy as seen on TV products though. I don't find most of them interesting enough for me to warrant a purchase.

17. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I buy "As Seen on TV" items from Walmart, Target , Amazon or HSN Network. I hate calling the toll free number for the informercials because the operator always tries to sell you a membership to something else and you have to sit there on the phone and listen to their speil. I save myself the aggrivation and go to the store if I can't find a direct website.

18. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly the dollar store or flea market. Even Walmart and Target have sections for them.

19. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    You can get just about anything at Wal-Mart. They seem to get all of the infomercial stuff. However, Wipe New has been eluding me.

20. valigil

valigilNew Member

Threads:
    i get mine a local store or shopritewhich is closest i get to walmart