Cheap Clothes

Discussion in Hot Deals started by Konstantina • Apr 6, 2012.

1. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone,
    I recently found Sammydress.com that has loads of clothing in really cheap prices. They are funky and trendy, they'd better suit young people, so anyone interest to renew the wardrobe for spring, should check it.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Stay away from that site, Konstantina! They're a complete scam. I've ordered a few offers from them months ago, none of which arrived. A few friends ordered dresses from them, they sent the wrong colors, some were missing, and they refused to give her a refund. Luckily PayPal was on their sides.

It's from the same idiots who manage EVERBUYING.COM and AHAPPYDEAL.COM. I don't recommend any of those. Please pick a different stores like wholesaledress.net.

3. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Really? Wow, it looks so professional. I m so glad you told me that. I didn't know about everbuying either, I heard it from this site, too. Post something on the reviews, maybe you will help others, too. Thanks

4. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    I will definitely have to check out the website. Sounds like something that I might be interested in. Granted, I do hate ordering online because I hate waiting for it to arrive in the mail, but if it's worth it, then why not? Thanks for the tip.

5. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    One of the ways to see if there are no scam is to write them at least 3-4 emails with different questions! They have to answer for 1-2 day. That's the normal period! Ask them about their refund policy and be sure that they use paypal! Other think that I do is to order something small and cheap like ring and even the site is scam you will not use so much money! Try this site romwe.com. It's Asian site. I ordered a ring 3 months ago but I didn't receicve it so I wrote them emails, they were so kind and I got my money back! Asian sites are more reliable! One more thing - be sure that they provide tracking number!

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Matter of fact, I have:

:)

Uhm... did you read my comment? This forum is supposed to help buyers with information about the sites they may use to purchase online. If you want to shop at that site, that's alright, your money your choice, but trust me when I say you'll end up disappointed and you will get a headache for trying to fight with those Chinese scammers.

I've ordered 2 small things from them, none of which arrived. I'm a part of another community that buys things from China and everyone who's bought from SammyDress is not happy. One of the members ordered 3 dresses and she got 1, and in the wrong color. Another member bought several things that never arrived. Can't be a coincidence.

Also, aHappyDeal, from the same managers, sends stuff that don't work. And EverBuying is facing a lawsuit now for sending malfunctioning items too.

7. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I m sure you know what you are talking about. I can't find a descent site for clothes, I should stick to games and cosmetics. :) :) Thanks for your help ttys

8. calvinandhobbes

calvinandhobbesNew Member

Threads:
    I just buy clothes on Ebay. My favorite t-shirt only cost me two dollars on there. The downside is there are no reviews for the items, and often times the seller does not accept returns- so if something does not fit then you wasted money. But you can find some awesome clothing, and shoes, on there for very cheap prices. You just have to try and be smart when choosing things to buy!

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Two dollars? Sounds pretty cheap to me! Do you have the link to that seller's store please?

10. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the tip! I think maybe dkramarczyk responded to the thread without reading through the posts :) First hand experience is always something to take into mind before ordering somethign online. Thanks again, I will certainly avoid the site.

11. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I think this is one of the most valuable features on this forum - as well as getting some good bargain tips, you also get the heads up for the bad sites. Addicted_Buyer has given us lots of useful tips, which could end up saving us lots of hard-earned cash. Nothing beats a recommend -or a warning - from someone who has actually dealt with a site.

12. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this warning. I would have checked into this site if I hadn't read this post. You just never know. Sometimes the deals sound so good that they do end up being a scam.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up on the different sites that should be avoided. Hopefully more people will read your post before they purchase items from these sites.

14. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I just checked out their website and was amazed at how inexpensive the clothes are! They have lots of stylish clothes and accessories. You can save an extra 10% if you like them on Facebook. I usually just order from Overstock.com, but I think I will start using this store now, too.

15. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I agree, recommendations can't bear any other kind of advertising. I've bought many things I've seen people buy with real pictures too (sometimes Photoshop makes you think you're getting something a lot better).

And you're welcome! :) From all the stores I've bought from, that's the one I definitely wouldn't recommend.

16. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    Updating, I did check out the website and they really do have some super cute clothes for cheap. I loved some of the styles they had on there too.

17. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the warning! Honestly, I've bought some great cheap clothes from eBay before, but mostly I do our clothes shopping in thrift stores. We're close to a large university with a couple of used clothing stores full of hip trendy clothes my daughter loves and it's Value Village and Goodwill for me. Although, we're lucky enough to have an H&M nearby for new clothes - so cheap!! I wouldn't mind finding good online sites though, just to not have to drive.

18. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Well guys, thought I'd report what happened today. I got a bunch of packages I thought were lost or not even shipped. One of them was my second order from SammyDress, an Angry Birds pencil case. I like it! Although they didn't of course send my first order which I was looking forward to have my hands on.

Nevertheless, after having a look at their Facebook page again, it seems I wasn't the only one with problems. Most people got damaged/used clothes or didn't receive anything at all. My advice to you all would be to buy at your own risk, not to get your expectations so high and most importantly, to add a tracking number to your order for insurance :)

19. Ella Bella

Ella BellaNew Member

Threads:
    I second Overstock.com! For teens and junior style clothing, there's also Delias.com and Alloy.com. There's also Forever 21 but I prefer H&M more. I haven't shopped for clothing online for a long time now. I generally wait for a promotional code or for items to get marked down before I decide to place an order. For online retailers that carry items at cheap prices it makes me question the quality of the clothing but that's just me. Sometimes I browse on Etsy.com for vintage clothing.

20. renmew

renmewMember

Threads:
    I, too, buy most of our clothes at thrift stores, and that's after we get a ton of stuff handed down for free. Still, I have 2 girls and they love their dresses. I found this site (flowergirldressforless.com) when they were going to be in a wedding. The prices were great, and the variety even better. On top of that, their main offices are in Los Angeles, so customer service was much better than average.