Which is your favorite anti-aging cream/serum

Discussion in Product Reviews started by maddie • Sep 25, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Olay for years now, I think it is time to change. Do you have any suggestions. Deep lines are showing up around my neck and eyes. I have use the L'Oreal day and night anti aging creams too. Someone here has a better cream to suggest? It would help to have some reviews before I make a purchase.

2. Brook

BrookMember

Threads:
    I have been using Arbonne for a while and can really tell a difference in my skin. Arbonne is only sold through a representative (and I'm not one). I like their serum and their day and night cream. I tried their makeup and it was fine but not better than what I am already using.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Too bad. I would like to have something that is available internationally that I could get from Amazon or some other online store. Doesn't anyone else here use some anti-aging cream/serum which you could recommend?

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    A healthy diet is probably the best and most inexpensive anti ager.

5. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I had been using a brand called Beauticontrol. I bought it at a home party. Kinda of a cross between Pampered Chef and Avon. I liked it, but when it was time to reorder I didn't like going through the sales rep. She tried to add extra products and it was a hassle. I switched to Olay and found it to be similar. I also do these massaging techniques my grandma taught me. Mostly little circles to massage the places you get wrinkles. She lived to 91 and would have passed for 65. So I think it's worth trying.

6. JohnnyM

JohnnyMNew Member

Threads:
    Aloe Vera.. based anything. Cucumber, rose water, all are good to keep your skin fresh and stop the aging process. Enjoy life, be happy, smile.. these have the most amazing effect that no cream can beat! Believe this!

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Hey, I smile a lot and have laugh lines too. ;) As we age we have problems like skin losing its elasticity and stuff and that needs a little help. I do agree that aloe vera and natural products are wonderful for the skin. I am looking for a brand that has been tried and tested. A personal recommendation, from someone who has found an off the counter product which they could recommend. Thanks all the same.

8. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I like the Avon Anew range. You can order them direct from the Avon website internationally, and if you place a large enough order, there's free shipping. The other good thing with Avon products is that you can return them under the guarantee for any reason at all if you're not happy, so there's no risk. Also, they oftenw products. Sometimes it's a special price or a multiple buy offer, or they may offer a free gift such as a cosmetic bag with trial size products. There are different products for different age groups, so you're sure to find something suitable.

9. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    There are a few brands I'm using right now that I really like, and I think you can get them on Amazon. One is Clinique Even Better, but they make a lot of products and the reviews will allow you to see what might be right for your skin. I'm also using a moisturizer by Shiseido. It's lovely if you have dry skin, like me. In the past, I have used a brand called DHC. Their olive oil serum is very good.

10. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you Sandra and olorien, I have been watching this thread to get some reasonable suggestions. My friend is a dealer of Avon so I can check with her. Clinique is another range I am interested in. I will check the products and find what would suit me. I do have a dry skin and it needs a little more help. I do follow a healthy diet and drink plenty of water. Much appreciated.

11. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure you can still find it on Amazon, or ebay. There are always distributors trying to get rid of excess inventory.

12. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Do they have this sort of thing for men?

13. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I experimented with quite a few products, including products containing Syn-Ake, vitamin C, and copper peptides. I prefer making my own creams made from active ingredients. What I'm currently using is a home-made serum containing DMAE and hyaluronic acid, and I see very good results with the fine lines around my eyes.

14. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Gina, maybe you could share some of your recipes here if you feel inclined to share your knowledge. I am sure it would be useful to many not just to me, it could save us a lot of money and help us find what is good for our skin. Yes, I do know that we may have to experiment some of this ourselves, but it would be great to know where to start. I would truly appreciate a response from you. Thanks.

15. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I'd be very happy to share, maddie. I generally use a base of aloe vera gel in all my preparations. To this, I add a maximum of two active ingredients (if you live in the US, these should be available at

or you could find alternative websites that sell active ingredients in small quantities). Most of these ingredients come in small 5g-20g containers, with instructions on how much to mix). A base of sea kelp ultramarine is generally recommended, but I find this expensive especially since I prepare a variation of mixtures, so I stick to using pure aloe vera, which works just fine.

As a start, I'd suggest using a Vitamin C based antioxidant cream which helps with collagen synthesis and also brightens the skin. The active I'd highly recommend for this is Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (comes in a 10g tube from

), and each tube is enough for 4 fl oz of cream or gel at approximately 10% concentration (10 g in 120 ml cream). This works much more efficiently than Ascorbic Acid vitamin C, and a little truly goes a long way. It has improved the texture and elasticity of my skin considerably. You could add to this mixture, if you so desire, an additional active like ferulic acid, which is also a fantastic antioxidant, and blends well with vitamin C based creams.

I shall come back and post the other actives that I have used and found success with. Hope you and others find as much success with these as I have. They have saved me a lot of money, especially since some of these very same ingredients are used in high-end, branded products!

16. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried many different products and my stand out favorite is bio oil. Not only does it get rid of wrinkles etc, it also reduces the appearance of stretch marks and any scars you may have.

17. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I agree, Livvi. Even some stubborn scars have faded with Bio Oil. However, I've not tried it around my eye area, which is more prone to developing fine lines but is also very sensitive. Have you used Bio Oil in sensitive areas, such as under the eyes, and seen improvement in the texture of the skin?

18. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for this share. I do not live in the US. I hope to find some of this stuff online. I love aloe vera gel and have used it earlier. I will check online to see if these other products you have mentioned will be delivered internationally. I appreciate this very much. I will also be following this thread for more postings from you. Have a great day.

19. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    If you're still interested in OTC anti-aging creams, I really love the Roc line. I notice a difference in my forehead lines within a couple weeks of daily use. And most of them are reasonably priced at around $20.

20. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    You are welcome, maddie.

Another active ingredient to look out for are copper peptides. Available in small vials of 2ml, this can be added to 4 fl oz of cream or gel at approximately 0.1% concentration (2 ml of solution in 120 ml of cream). This again helps in the regeneration of skin cells, and improves the appearance of wrinkles by replacing lost collagen. This must, however, NOT be used with vitamin c creams; so you could alternate using both creams either on alternate days or one in the morning and the other at night.
    Do let us know how you're getting along, and whether you were able to find these actives online to be delivered to you.