Kmart rewards program

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by jleadbet • Oct 1, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Up until a year ago, I had only shopped at K mart occasionally. I had the rewards card and registered it online. As soon as I registered it, I started getting emails offering $5 off on my next shopping trip, no minimum. I've received one every other month or so for about a year now. I use the offer most if the time, but I usually only buy $7 worth of stuff. After the $5 coupon, I'm only pay about $2 out of pocket. It's a nice deal for me, but I can't understand why they keep sending me coupons.

2. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, great for you. I have only shopped at k-mart once or twice. The reward program sounds great. I will look into it further.

3. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I have not been there in a while. That's a good deal. You figure if the mark-up is high enough, they give you a discount. they at least get their money back. But on average, others will probably spend more than you do. Thanks for the informaion.

4. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    They are hoping people buy more, I'm sure. But it does sound like you get a lot of them for what you spend. I bought a few things recently and got the rewards card also. I don't shop there hardly at all but got one $5 off coupon as well. It seems like a really good deal since I didn't spend that much either. I do find some things there, but not a lot. Some of their polos for little boys are kind of cute.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly shop at Kmart since I moved back to California. The rewards deal sounds great. I will definitely check it out. I just need to find the closest Kmart in my area.

Kmart is struggling for business so this is a great way to get bodies into their stores.

6. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Hmm I just recently heard of their rewards program when I went to pick up an item. After reading your post I'll be signing up. I love saving money and getting coupons I can use. Thanks for the tip.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True, Kmart is closing stores left and right ,so the rewards program is a last ditch effort to bring people in. I don't get why Kmart doesn't just change their image. JC Penney became JCP and started airing all these cool TV commercials and now people like them again.

Kmart could clean their stores, organize the merchandise , retrain the staff and make over their image.
    It's like they've already given up.

8. clay1224

clay1224Banned

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever shopped at KMart before. It sounds like a pretty interesting place to shop though. I might have to give it a try in the future.

9. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure those coupons are incentives for people to shop more at KMart. I don't have the card but my sister does and she loves it. She frequently shops there so she's always racking up their reward points. She's been able to save a lot there and the few times I've gone with her I've walked out with free 20 oz sodas so I think it's a good thing.

10. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    We don't have a Kmart near us, but one where we occasionally travel to. I hadn't heard of this program, the way you describe it. They've been part of the Sears Shop Your Way Rewards for quite a while - but the rewards aren't like what you mention. Have to check it out, soon, before they close this store!

11. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the fact that they are also part of Sears and Lands End. The rewards really add up this way. With all of the coupons and rewards points I have gotten a lot of great deals. BY great deals I mean some free.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a rewards card and have forgotten about it. I don't go to KMart often but I sure will look into using the card and going more often. I do not really find what I am looking for the few times I have gone to the store. How do you find out what rewards you have?

13. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds pretty good, I go to kmart every now and again, but I didn't know about the rewards program, I think I will go sign up! Thanks for the info..

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not that interesting. They're not stylish and high quality like Target and they don't have the low prices and variety of Walmart. If Target was a hot big-city girl, and Walmart was a cute country girl, Kmart would be their ugly, drunk friend that everyone feels sorry for.

15. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    They keep sending coupons because they found a consumer willing to buy their mostly inferior products. I have not been happy with most purchases in K-Mart. The stores are usually missing the items I would want or need. Perhaps in your area the K-Marts are a quality store. In my neck of the woods, most people frown on the few remaining K-Marts.