How do you work out?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by kate23 • Oct 7, 2012.

1. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    Do you go to the gym, workout at home with equipment, jog, or do you do other exercises?

I don't really work out exactly since I'm at a healthy weight and don't really care about muscles, but some 'exercises' I do for fun are swimming, biking, walking/jogging/running with my dogs, jumping on the trampoline, heelying, skateboarding and scootering. I love doing fun activities like that. :)

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Your fun activities are good enough for a good all-round workout, am sure. I am within my healthy weight range too, but I like to be regular with my jogging - either on the treadmill in the gym or in a nearby park. It has dual benefits of keeping me healthy and fit, as well as giving me that high I so look forward to after a good jog.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sprint once or twice a week and I train with heavy weights using the basic compound movements three times per week. The rest of the time I try to engage in as much low-intensity activity as possible - walking and cycling etc. I like the combination of high intensity and low intensity exercise.

4. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    I walk at the beach. We have a two mile walking sidewalk that we call "the loop." Lots of people run on it, but I power walk.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I do a lot of dancing. I hate actual exercises and I don't get out enough to get involved in things like swimming, etc. But I can dance at my computer and it burns a lot of calories.

6. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I workout at home take a walk around the neighborhood every night and every now and then have family exercise night when we play just dance or zumba.

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I play tennis with my son and with my husband. I walk a few kilometers a week. That is about all I can do now.. I have developed some problems with my knees and I wish I can do more on my elliptical machine.

8. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I combine indoor and outdoor exercise. I like, and my body needs a variety of activity or it doesn't work. For outside activity I like to hike over hills and into wooded trails. On weekends, I like to take my bike out and am fortunate to live in a quiet neighborhood with little traffic. For indoor exercise I use videos from youtube and an interval timer. I also have an app on my phone, but haven't used it yet. I like to try new and different things.

9. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I love working out to exercise dvds at home. Sure beats wasting time and money driving to the gym. And I don't have to worry about being late for a class or having to wait in line for a machine.

10. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I used to jog every other night before my son was born. I hate going to the gym so I don't do it. I'm thin too so I don't care about going to the gym. A class may be fun to do for a little while though. Now that I have a toddler around, I just go for walks with him or swimming. I don't do that much any longer. It's funny too because I am the same size now as I was when I went jogging on a regular basis.

11. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    My workout consists of mainly, running. As a former high school runner, I have seen that the benefits of running for me, far outweigh other exercise regimens. About twice a week, I cross train, with dumbbells and I do crunches, as I am still trying to get rid of my post baby belly. Push ups are also something I hope to work into my workout soon.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just work out by jogging in the morning during the weekends, I usually don't follow any strict routine, as long as I'm sweating I'm already happy. :D My target is just to lose weight in general, so my exercise routine is pretty simple.

13. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I go to the gym. During New Years, I went to a local high-end gym (with tennis courts, a basketball court, swimming pools, sauna, steam room, brand new equipment, classes included in the price, racquetball courts, etc.) and signed up. Since the price is a bit steep, I make an effort to go to the gym and get my money's worth. I usually work out by myself, since I have not been able to sit in on any interesting classes that the gym offers. I do cardio and some core training, but I do not do any weight training since I feel as though I don't need it. I could be wrong, though! I also enjoy walking, so I try to walk as much as possible - taking the stairs, taking the long route, etc.

14. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I've been slacking on doing my workout videos at home but lately I've increased my walking time daily. Instead of commuting to work and getting off at the bus stop in front of my job I get off at an earlier stop and walk the rest of the way. I also, get up and out of the office and walk during my lunch breaks to stretch my legs and get the blood pumping.

15. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to work out at home i was doing good always working out every day i am trying to get rid of my stomach that's the only problem i have that i want gone but lately i have been slacking it seems like i just can't find the time to be able to work out without someone bugging me my husband my kids someone is always busting in and i have to stop and go do whatever i need to do so it's hard trying to keep it up.

16. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    This is one of my biggest problems. I can feel my body become weaker each day due to my lifestyle, but I can't seem to afford a time to work out due to my busy schedule. If there is a way that I can workout while on the go it will be great!

17. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I haven't been workout that much lately because I been so busy with my school work and studying. The semester almost over with so I will try to get back into my routine. I always get a good run in every morning. Then I finish my day off with some extreme weight lifting workouts. Depending on how I feel, I might get on the treadmill after i finish in the gym.

18. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I go to the gym once a week for an hour. I do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights. Also, my fiancee and I walk every night for at least 30 minutes and on weekends we'll just walk and walk. Yesterday, we did two hours of walking. No matter what season it is, we'll walk all the time.

19. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have turned our shed into a home gym because I'm too self-conscious to workout in front of other people at a gym. Sadly I rarely use it as my dad has now decided that he wants to fill the shed up with as much rubbish and broken junk as he can lay his hands on. He believes it will be worth money in the future, personally I don't see how 15 broken VCRs can be worth anything. :D

20. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Well now I already gave up going to the gym because of lack of time. Maybe now my workout would be just dping push ups every morning after I wake up and do some basketball once a week for fun.