Do you prefer girls with short hair or long hair?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by vjykmr89 • Oct 11, 2012.

1. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    Some guys prefer girls with that long, feminine hair, but what about short-haired girls?

And by short, I mean Agyness Deyn (look her up :]), Sarah Harding, Keira Knightly-with-a-pixie-cut-short.

What do you like/dislike about either style? Are girls with short-short hair too intimidating? Are they more chic? Do long-haired girls exude more femininity and beauty?

What do you think? I'd like to find out once and for all. :]

2. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I am a girl but I want to vote! I far prefer long hair for women and girls. It is more feminine and appealing to me.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    LOL I did not think women's appeal was reflected in their hairstyle..
    If I were a man I would look for a woman's qualities and how they gel with mine.. that would be my the basis on how I would evaluate a girl. I would look for someone whose nature complimented mine in ways that we could easily adjust with each other and compliment each other.
    I wouldn't really care whether she has long or short hair.. but I guess I would like a girl who took care of her hair and appearance.

4. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Because you asked, I prefer long hair. I I just think its prettier. Definitely more feminine. Band I love the look of braids and ponytails and up-dos.
    There are many women with short hair who look beautiful, but I prefer long.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I like both, but I prefer long hair over short hair. Some women look so beautiful with long hair that they still look as beautiful with short hair - can't be that easy to pull it off. Anne Hathaway is not one of them, IMO. She has a beautiful face and all, but this hair cut she got (recently, I think) was too boyish.

anne-hathaway-de-fiesta.

6. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Just on the single thing alone, I and I think most males would go with long hair.
    Sure the short cuts can look cute on some girls. I agree but I think the girls like the short cute cuts on girls more than guys like these cuts.
    I find long hair sexy and beautiful on a woman, for sure.
    Ryder13

7. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I am a woman and I think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Most ladies look better with longer hair. Older ladies look better with short hair. Halle Barry looks fantastic with short hair...it really depends on the face and the cut I guess. To change the focus slightly I think that most men look better with short hair, but some look better with longish hair but never ever past the shoulders.

8. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    As a woman I have worn my hair very short as well as very long and I got just as much attention and compliments with it being short, if not more, as with it long. Short hair is often more dramatic or sophisticated, depending on the cut, while long hair can be very romantic and feminine.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Long hair for girls in general looks better compared to short hair in my opinion, but it also depends on one's features and facial shape if it suits them. Plus the type of hair also plays a role, because I have slightly wavy and thick hair, so if I don't blow dry or iron my hair when it gets past my shoulders, it doesn't look very good anymore. So I think that the ultimate determining factor would be if the long or short hairstyle suits the person or not.

10. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    There are ladies who can pull off both short and long hair, but I prefer long hair on most women. Kiera Knightly is a whole other story though, she is just gorgeous with short and long hair. I love guys with long hair too ;)

11. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I know this is directed towards the men but as a woman who changes hairstyles and lengths often with the help of wigs and weaves I'll talk about reactions I get when I go long or short or in between.

The majority of the time I prefer long hair on myself. My real hair has grown down to the middle of my back but then I get possessed by this need to cut it into a bob style and I love it for a week or two then I want my long hair back. So then the grow out begins. While I'm growing it out I'll resort to either getting long thin extension braids, a weave and or wigs to get the long look. I now have a bob cut wig that allows me to experience the short look without committing to the style by cutting my real hair. I've learned my lesson. No more scissors to my real hair unless I'm trimming bad ends.

I don't believe there is much difference in attention from men as far as quantity, but the quality of the attention differs. When my hair is short, I feel I look more mature and it seems both men and women regard me with a higher level of respect.

12. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    For me, I prefer short haired girls anytime of the year. However, there is a limit to how short her hair can be. I don't want those that are too short. Something that is mid-length may be enough. A girl with a pixie cut is my ultimate type of girl.