Affordable Make-up Brands that WORK!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by AndroidGirl89 • Oct 14, 2012.

1. AndroidGirl89

AndroidGirl89New Member

Threads:
    We all know there are some cheap brands of make up out there- but which ones have you found that work? Which ones leave you feeling like you wasted money on them even if they were super cheap?

2. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I purchased a 6 color L.A colors Eyeshadow at Walgreens it was for $1.99 and i love it , have no complaints it worked just as good as the $10 name brand eyeshadow out there.

3. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I like Revlon Colorstay foundation. It lasts most the day and it's fairly affordable at about $10 a bottle. I also love NYC colors in mascara, blush and pressed powder. I've been using for years and the mascara altough only $2 it does not break out my lashline area like other more expensive brands (ie: Maybaline). NYC products are cheap and around under $5. I buy mine from Walmart or the local drugstore.

4. AndroidGirl89

AndroidGirl89New Member

Threads:
    Kaylee- I will definitely be checking out that mascara! I always am needing inexpensive mascara!

Mnicole- my inexpensive eyeshadow was also from Walgreens! However, mine had about 10 different colors so I bought 3 different packs of them for like $1.50 right before Christmas.

I have heard a lot about E.L.F but haven't ever seen it anywhere though!

5. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I am in love with ELF products. You can find the makeup line at your local Target. I can't imagine them not having any of their makeup available. This is really the only place I can find it, aside from online (which I HATE doing since they always seem to mess up my order.) It is well worth looking into. ELF products work amazing and will leave you a happy camper. =)

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Obviously being a man I don't know any brands, but I have noticed that the make-up that is sold in PoundLand stores (big discount chain in the UK) are very popular, so they must be of a decent standard.

7. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Speaking to the natural redheads out there with this post. I am a natural redhead. If you are one, you know we have unique makeup needs. You may not consider it in expensive, but here is the link for a very unique store, just for redheads. I LOVE their mascara. That is mostly what I buy from them. They ship all over the world.

8. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I usually purchase my make up from Sephora, Clinique and Mac. They are pretty well known brands and they stuff are pretty good! I did however, purchase some nail polish from a brand called AVON. Everything was great at first, but then as the months went by, the liquid got thicker and thicker until I just couldn't use it at all, it was just too thick. I had this same experience with an OPI nail polish as well!

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like Olay. They are specially great for skincare, I love their sensitive skin moisturizer, and I actually prefer it over my Kiehl's moisturizer and even Perricone! It's great. I also like Aveeno, it's great for sensitive skin as well. As for actual makeup, Wet N Wild have some bad products, but their eyeshadow palettes and blushes are exceptional! They are so pigmented and last a long time. The bigger 6 color palettes are around 6 dollars and they are as good quality and pigmentation as some big named brands you can get at a department store.

10. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I have such severe allergic to almost all brands of make up. I can't even use facial cleaners, moisturizers or lotions without itching so bad. With that said, I don't wear make up and I only use stuff on my face at night so I'm not really dealing with the itching because I'd be asleep.

11. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I find ELF makeup incredibly affordable and pretty good quality considering almost everything in the line is $3 or less. I am not as big of a fan of the face products, but that's mainly because I don't trust inexpensive makeup to not clog my pores. I would highly recommend the eye and especially the lip products. They're great as a foundation for a make up collection, but even better if you are looking for trendy colors.

12. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Maybelline products are the best for me. They are always not that strong in terms of components and I never get irritated with them. My favorite are their lip balms, especially the colored ones, and I don't really have to wear any lipstick because you get the glow you want out of just wearing a lip balm. I also like their face powder because I find the best shade for me.

13. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Cover Girl and Maybelline black colored mascara are what I have used these past few years. I cannot afford the Neutrogena is one of those brands that I really like.

14. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I love ELF, too, although I was buying it online before they ever had an in-store option available! They started online first. I haven't had any issues with them messing up orders either, but I know it can be frustrating when companies mess it up in general.

15. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite brands come from the drugstore or Walmart. I love Maybelline mineral foundation, Maybelline mascara, and CoverGirl mascara. I also like to use Clean & Clear facial products. I discovered the trick of using the moisturizer as a primer for my make-up and it works like a charm! The best thing about drugstore brands is that it can be easy to find coupons for these products. The only beauty product I feel I splurge on is OPI nail polish. I don't mind though because it is such good quality. For the most part though, if you have something you really love from a high-end brand, you can usually find a comparable product in a lower priced brand.

16. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Ponds always work for me! I love their creams and facial washes. They're super cheap but my skin always look fabulous whenever I use Ponds products.

I just notice though that their product line differs from one country to another. Their formulation may also differ. In general, I prefer the ones that are done in the US. I always read the manufacturing details so that I know where it's actually coming from.