Traveling to India on a Budget?

Discussion in Travel started by SpringBreeze • Oct 17, 2012.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Hey everyone! My mom wants to travel to India. She's been looking at airfare and they are always in the thousands. We know getting there is expensive, but we're wondering if there's a place to get tickets cheap. Also, how does one know what hotels are good there? Is there a hotel review website frequented by travelers there? Any hotel chain suggestions??? The hotel doesn't have to be American. She just wants it to be clean, safe, and affordable.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    For airfare and hotels, I highly recommend Priceline if at all possible. You need to be a bit flexible with your travel dates, but I have gotten some amazing deals through them.

As for reviews, I would say just look up individual reviews if she doesn't like the ones listed through Priceline or Travelocity.

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Where in India does she want to travel to? You could look up combined flight and room deals on websites like Expedia and Priceline that Jessi has mentioned. It might work out cheaper that way. You might even find package deals at off-season rates.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, India is a huge country which part of India would she be travelling to. It is best she stays in big cities/metros and travel to other cities around there. She would have to look up reviews for north or south India and then decide where she wants to be. At a decent rate you could find clean and comfortable hotels. Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai reviews would be the ones to look for if she wants. She will be able to find great places to stay in.

5. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    The given information in your post is really very good. Good information and very good job done by you guys.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only budgeting you need to do is with the flight tickets but finding a cheap airline to India will not be easy. Once you are in India you will not need to budget your money because the cost of living over there. is very cheap.

7. coolaaryan777

coolaaryan777New Member

Threads:
    Travel to india in budget is a very easy way to travel with minimum expenses. There are lot of travel deals are offered by the tour companies with best offers.

8. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t have any idea about any cheap flights or hotel but I can say you that India is not a very expensive pace. There are many cheap hotels and they are full of all facilities. You should not be upset for the expensive of this country. It offers you numerous places with low priced budget. You can find many travelling companies there. They will not only take the all place but charge very low.