Peppermint coffee drinks

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jleadbet • Nov 3, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I love this time of year and seeing the peppermint mochas available at Starbucks and McDonalds. I usually pick up a few peppermint mocha creamers at the grocery. It's one of my favorites. I usually don't splurge on expensive coffee, but McDonalds isn't too bad. It's one of my favorite treats on the way home from shopping.

2. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I love Starbuck's peppermint mocha! Together with that tuft of whipped cream at the top, it really is the perfect drink for the holiday season! I love how the peppermint gives its cooling effect in your throat after you've drank it. Accompanied with Starbuck's richly aromatic mocha, this has got to be a match made in heaven! I love stirring in the whipped cream and adding just a sprinkle of cinnamon powder to the drink for an extra flavour boost! This is one of the drinks I must catch during each year's festive season!

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never tried peppermint coffee but I drink peppermint tea a few times during the week. We grow peppermint in our garden and we harvested the leaves to make tea. We dried the herbs by a window and now we have jars full of peppermint for tea through the winter.

4. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    McDonald's peppermint coffee are just OK for me. Actually I like McDonald's very much but I am not really a big fan of their coffee selection. Starbucks has really good peppermint coffee! :D

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have ever had peppermint coffee before! I'll have to give it a try sometime. We used to make peppermint hot chocolate when I was a kid and it was really good. We made it by using a York Peppermint Patty, some hot cocoa powdered mix and really hot water. I'm not sure that would work with hot coffee but it might.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I have never seen peppermint mocha creamers at the grocery store, but I love drinking peppermint coffee seasonally, so maybe I'll look for them this year.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Also, I've heard of putting a vanilla bean into your coffee grounds before you brew it to get vanilla coffee. I do this all the time with a cinnamon stick or a nutmeg piece... has anyone ever tried doing this with peppermint leaves?

8. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    You'll find them in the same aisle as your other powdered or liquid creamer. Coffeemate makes a lot of flavors. Aside from their regular flavors, like Hazelnut, they will have seasonal ones. That's where you can find the Peppermint ones! Coffeemate also makes powdered creamer; I haven't seen the peppermint one in powder form yet. But, I found (for the first time) a pumpkin one at the beginning of fall and it really make my coffee and hot chocolate wonderful. I wouldn't be surprised to see peppermint in powder form hit the shelves soon. Keep your eyes opened.

Is peppermint hard to grow? I am hoping to get a mint plant so I can have fresh mint tea. (Are they the same? Is peppermint very different than regular mint?) How do you dry your herbs? The only plant I have a basil one; if I want to use it, I just pluck a few leaves. If I feel like there are too many leaves, I'll just freeze some in a zip lock bag and remember to throw them in a pasta sauce or anything that calls for basil. No idea how to take care of other plants, though!

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Oh my, I have never tried that before and I do plan on getting some this holiday season. I love mint and I know that will make my day and or night. I think I will splurge on some at Starbucks for the holiday as a treat for myself. I will even take one of my friends with me so they can try it also. I know they will enjoy it also just as I will while we are out shopping.

10. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    Yum! I love the Starbucks Peppermint Mochas. They are my favorite! I actually just bought a York Peppermint coffee creamer from Target. It's pretty good especially compared to other buy at home creamers at the grocery stores. It's not the same as Starbucks though.