Movies or Shows for Toddlers

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by vida_llevares • Nov 4, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    What movies and shows would you recommend for toddlers?

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I would say most cartoons would be fine. I particularly like the Ice Age series because it has a cute toddler in it. Anything by Disney should also be fine.

3. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    If you're looking for something a little different, my son LOVED the Fireman Sam videos from the UK when he was a toddler. They didn't show on TV here, but we could get them from the library. The Wiggles were also always a big hit, but they got a little annoying after a while.

4. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Cartoon Network shows would probably be good for them. Micky Mouse and Tome and Jerry are my favorites when I was a kid according to my dad. The tapes are actually there in my old room so I guess I really enjoyed it. I also see my nephews enjoy Tom and Jerry.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    When my kids were really little (many years ago!), they always loved the Disney movies. They also loved Winnie the Pooh. For TV, we watched a lot of the shows on PBS like Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, etc. As they got older, the Pixar movies were their favorites and shows on Nickelodeon.

6. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know why we have cable. My kids pretty much only watch PBS. We all love Curious George. I grew up reading the books, so I was happy to see the show. Once we started watching that, we picked up a few others, but Curious George is our favorite.

7. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    There are a long list of amazing shows for toddles and little kids. I let me daughter watch educational cartoons or shows. I will list a few shows your toddles will enjoy everyday.

Blues Clues
    Dora the Explorer
    Mickeymouse Clubhouse
    Diego
    Backyardigans
    Doodlebops
    Bunnytown
    Little Einstens
    Wonderpets
    Handy Manny

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would go with nick jr things like Dora the explorer, go diego go and backyardians than anything pixar and disney are good to. My daughter has her own tv in her room and she watches dvds especially at night when she goes to bed and she has tons of dvds i get from amazon here are a list of just some that she has that she really likes.

Toy story 1-3

Ice age

The smurfs movie (this one is her favorite)

Bugs life

Spongebob the movie

Veggietales

Madacascar 1 & 2

she has a lot more i just can't think of them all but these are her top favorites

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As a kid I enjoyed watching Sesame Street and a bunch of cartoons, so I'm sure any toddler will enjoy any cartoon movie or shows. The Shrek movies and Cars movie series are fun movies for toddlers.

10. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    anything disney, nickelodeon, muppets, and cartoon network

11. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to disagree with some people here. Most of the cartoons out there today are not okay for toddlers to watch. I do not allow my daughter to watch SpongeBob Squarepants or some other shows such as Teletubbies or Yo Gabba Gabba as they have a different meaning than kids think. They provide kids with subliminal messages which are not good. I do not like the fact that they use the word "stupid" in many of the cartoons these days. I like Sesame Street and Dora because it is educational and teaches toddlers.

12. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    When we have a child, we're going to get our kid into the old movies as quickly as possible. When it comes to shows, probably nothing, considering how we don't have a television or cable. However, I will show him or her the old cartoons, such as "Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show," "The Critic," "The Simpsons" and "Dr. Katz."

Hopefully kid will like the films "Singin' in the Rain," "Double Indemnity," "Grand Illusion," "Casablanca" and "White Heat."

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite tv shows as a child was Barney as well as Dragon Friends. I never got bored of these tv shows and I could sit by the tv rewatching and rewatching them for several hours at a time. I am sure your children will adore these shows just as I have.

14. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Movies for a toddler shouldn't be hard to find. Any of the Disney classics would be great. Once Upon A Forest is another, Anastasia, Pixar movies, things that are colorful and fast moving and musical in short. TV shows, I grew up on Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry. However, there are a great number of educational shows like Little Bear, Franklin, Dora, etc. Really depends on what you want your child watching. It is good to diversify their tastes though.

15. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    You really can't go wrong with the classics, Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Sesame Street are all great and wholesome shows that should keep any toddler entertained without any problem.
    Just don't fall for the trap of going for the Disney Channel when there's a cartoon on, it's just a short break between their terrible shows/soap operas, it's like a mini-MTV.

16. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of cartoons are okay.

I used to watch Barney a lot as a kid.
    My cousin loved Winnie the Pooh and Rollie Pollie Ollie.
    I think Dora the Explorer is also a pretty good show for toddlers.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just recently found out about a cartoon movie called Moshi Monsters and my nieces and nephews loved it. I myself don't get it but only because it's made for kids only unlike some other movies or shows that try and include everyone as demographics. It wasn't too bad though and I at least didn't find it too torturous to sit through the movie with the kids, it was still fun.

18. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think toddlers prefer movies that have kids in them because they can identify with them When my little niece stayed with me for a little while [two years] I had the opportunity to test out the theory that kids like cartoons. She didn't. Instead she preferred the videos for classic kids because she could sing along and try to do what the others kids were doing [on the screen]. If you want to have small kids entertained then just get them videos of classic kids songs, sung by children. They'll love them.

19. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a niece who keeps on watching the same thing over and over it's driving me crazy. She has all kinds of shows but her favorite shows to watch are Peppa Pig, Dora the Explorer, Sophia the First and Strawberry Shortcake. She's barely 2yrs old but she can hum all the songs in these shows. She would also mimic the characters in whatever they're saying. The good thing about these shows are of course, they are child-friendly and can really teach your kids a thing or two. :)