Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Discussion in Product Reviews started by satishstephens • Nov 7, 2012.

1. satishstephens

satishstephensNew Member

Threads:
    The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 was my second tablet and I must say that I am very lucky to have been a proud owner of the device.
    Here are my experiences with the devices. What made it rock for me and what did not.
    The most amazing thing about the tablet is probably the screen. I used to think that the colors are not usually well saturated with large screened tablets. But the Tab 2 totally changes my point of view. I noticed that the colors of the device were very well laid out and the vibrancy was just splendid. I had a great time watching HD movies on the device. I would like to point out here that the screen does acquire a lot of fingerprints with continued usage. Therefore I found it worthwhile to get myself an authentic screen guard.
    I was really happy that my device ran the Icecream Sandwich. My icons and display looked splendid and I was totally in love with this new user interface. The only thing bad about this operating system was that I found it a lot slower than the previous version. I was once shifting through my messages and the tablet hung up on me. This never happened with me on my i-Ball Slide tablet that ran gingerbread. But obviously, this same OS helped me in running every game out there on Google Play.
    The camera was not worth the time and I really did not like it much. The images that it shot were very blurry. After using the tablet for five months I found that the pixels had started to show and the edges of the pictures were shattered. This seriously made me question the so-called 3 megapixel camera of the device. However, I did notice that the snapshots were really beautiful and clear when there was a lot of light around.
    I am a hardcore gamer and I really like it when my portable platforms are good at producing high gaming outputs. The Tab 2 is just amazing in fulfilling this need of mine. Temple run and rail rush ran like water on my device. In my smartphone and my old tablet I had noticed how the android games lagged in the beginning ten or so seconds. But with the Tab 2, this effect was totally negated. However I must mention here that gaming puts a lot of load on the device, thus draining the battery very fast. I could only game for an hour before the battery ran out.
    I must say that video calling on the device was splendid. There was no video or audio lag on the device. I was totally satisfied with the connectivity speed of the device in this matter. WebPages loaded very fast and I noticed no lag in zooming in and zooming out. But there was some serious difficulty in panning the pages with a lot of non-modified content like government sites. Again, I did realize that the data speeds fell dramatically on rainy days. This does not usually happen with modern day devices due to advanced reception antennas.
    I was able to multi-task to my full enjoyment. I could easily run two games and one music player at the same time. This was great as I had full flexibility to do my work as I wanted or attach a song to my game. But after about four months of using it I did notice that the multi-tasking decreased somewhat. In the seventh month I was able to run three very low requirement applications at a time. So I would better beware you of this mid-use change.
    I would like to devote this paragraph to some of the more personal opinions on the device. I found that the tab, did not quite fit into my hand properly and it always felt as if the device might fall out if I was even a little careless. Like all Samsung products, the Tab 2 also had a cheap and plastic feel to it that I did not really approve of. My i-Ball slide was better at being much more metallic and sturdy. I must add here that this very demerit made the tablet much lighter than the Slide.
    Overall I am pretty happy with the device. It has great features and very few minor negotiable glitches. Such problems can be easily tolerated after having a look at the budget of the device. I will suggest this tablet to anyone having a budget of $394.

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How does the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 stand up against the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1? The note 10.1 has S-pen integration. Do you think that it edges out the galaxy tab 2?

3. MEMck

MEMckNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the informative review! Can you provide some information on how this compares to the biggest competitor on the market, the iPad? I currently have an iPad as my tablet, despite the fact that all my other mobile devices are android. Like lindebergh, I'm considering switching to the Galaxy Note. I feel as if I just want to de-clutter a bit and I have so many devices currently. However, I don't want to lose functionality and I don't want to down-grade my user experience. However, I do like how easy it is to root the android system and be able to have full control over the system. Unfortunately, Apple products aren't exactly friendly to those who want to customize and tinker with their system.

Also, can you recommend some of your favorite apps for the tablet? I've browsed through a friends android tablet and couldn't identify any app that was unique to the android system or even one that was just better than those in the Apple marketplace. Thanks!

4. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I prefer the iPad 2 rather than Galaxy Tab2, in my opinion it's more quicker than the Galaxy tab and I think that the majority of people are sharing my thoughts

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that the Tab 2 is also a great device. Kudos for using the tablet to its full potential. However, I think that the galaxy note 10.1 has more things going for it like the s-pen integration and multi-screen mechanics. On the other hand, the iPad3 boasts an impressive retina display. Would you trade your tab 2 for a note 10.1 or an iPad 3? Or would you hold on to your device?

6. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I am actually a big fan of the Samsung Galaxy tablets. The tablet I used was the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 I think. It was a great tablet, that was very easy to use. I especially like the Samsung tablets because of the Android software they run on. The android software is great because they allow you to download media straight from the internet.