Where Will You Do Most Of Your Christmas Shopping?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by olorien • Nov 10, 2012.

1. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit, since Amazon is one of my favorite online stores, I will be doing at least half of my Christmas shopping here. With prime shipping and special deals they have, I would be an idiot not to shop here. Plus, the sheer number products they have blows away most other merchants. The rest of my shopping will come from deal sites and specialty stores like etsy. But,I know that Amazon isn't the only fish in the pond, even though it seems like it sometimes. Does anyone have a special place to shop besides Amazon that has especially good deals this time of year?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I will probably do most of mine online, too. Some of it will be on Ebay and Amazon for possibly used or super cheap stuff. Others will be from specialty shops.

I do sometimes shop offline, too. Walmart and Dollar Tree are good for stocking stuffers. Bath and Body Works is good for those generic gifts for people you're not sure what exactly to get them.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I think that a lot of my shopping is going to be done at certain discount stores like Target and K-Mart:) I also would be remiss if I did not do any shopping at the 99 cent stores and Dollar Stores that are scattered throughout the city that I live in. A lot of people have their nose up in the air about places like this, but these stores often surprise me with the things that they have in stock.

I have not done any shopping through Amazon in a long time. The way that you talk about it makes me want to check it out and see what it has to offer. I had not really given any thought to doing any shopping at etsy. I wonder if, after all of the shipping and handling charges, that shopping online would be just as cost effective as going into stores, purchasing, and then shipping. Probably, but I don't know.

QVC and HSN might also get some of my Christmas dollars. I have to wait and see.

4. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    For me, I prefer to do Christmas shopping at my local shopping malls and shops because I just feel that the actual act of browsing and walking into shops to look for gifts beats the experience you get from clicking on pictures, submitting your payments online and waiting for your shipment to appear at the doorstep. Though it is true that shopping online such as on Amazon and EBay would bring huge savings, Christmas shopping for me is a really great time for some family bonding given that we are all busy with our own commitments throughout the rest of the year. So, I guess nothing beats walking down the streets with your family, getting gifts for each other and basking in the festive atmosphere together!

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Two years ago I wasn't able to drive due to some health issues, and I was living about an hour and a half from my family and friends, so I didn't have much of a choice but to do all of my Christmas shopping online. I did almost all of it through Amazon and it worked out very well. In most cases I got free shipping on a lot of the stuff I ordered because they often qualified for various reasons. Also, you get the added benefit of price comparison from multiple vendors. And lastly, they just have a larger selection than most brick and mortar retail locations. Being older now, I really don't get as sentimental about seeing all the christmas stuff at the malls and stores. I really hate going out into all that traffic and congestion to shop. Then to top it all off, I usually wind up catching a bad cold in the process, from being around so many sick people. The tricky thing was to steer clear of items that the people I'm buying them for might want to return, that does become a hassle having to mail things back to everyone.

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I will do most of my shopping online, either at Amazon, Ebay or Play. I don't enjoy going to department stores at the best of times nevermind when it is a holiday. :)

7. MEMck

MEMckNew Member

Threads:
    I have to agree! I really feel sorry for the poor sales associates who have to deal with the masses during the holiday season. I still keep and eye out for the big in-store deals though. I also like to go wander through retailers just to get ideas, especially when it comes to toys for my nieces and nephews. It is hard to judge which ones are fun toys without "testing" them a bit i-stores myself. I must admit I occasionally wind up buying a few for myself as well!

I also like to look through some of the specialty online retailers, places like ThinkGeek, to find some more unusual gifts. I find the big online retailers have so much to display it is hard to sort through it to find the perfect gift.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking about doing half on amazon and the rest probably at kmart and walmart. I love kmart because they let you pay with paypal plus you can put things on layaway on their site and pay on the site and never have to go to the actual store unless you have your items shipped their to pick up so i'm loving kmart and hoping to see more things added to their online layaway does anyone know of any other stores that do their layaway online like this?

9. BrianDouglas

BrianDouglasNew Member

Threads:
    I'm doing my christmas shopping online for the most part. I may hit walmart and some department stores in the mall for a few things before I buy them online, in case I can stretch the dollar a little further, but for the most part, I find that around this time of year (especially right after thanksgiving) the prices online usually cannot be beaten.

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I will do most of if not all of my shopping online. I will however hit downtown New York just to check out the Christmas displays.

11. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shop online for relatives and loved ones who live in another city or state as I have it shipped directly to them which is infinitely convenient. For those I see regularly I go to the mall because I usually run out of gift ideas and browsing the shops provide me with lots of choices. To those I am not really close to but might take offense if I don’t remember them I send them ecards from Hallmark.

12. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    Amazon all of the way. I do pretty much all of my shopping at Amazon because their deals are absolutely amazing! I am a prime member since I signed with the credit card so their shipping charges are unbeatable. Other than that I usually have found a few good deals at Walmart.com. Their shipping is only 98 cents per item.

13. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I will do most of my holiday shopping online. I will do some in stores and the rest I will be hand making! I am really starting to enjoy finding great deals online and the joy of opening boxes when they arrive at my door. Its fun!

14. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    If I have ideas for gifts before December, I'll go to Walmart or something. After Dec 1, I refuse to go to a department store, and I'll shop Amazon. I hate crowds.

15. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Most of my shopping is going to be done online - wherever I find the best deals. I don't have the time to go from store to store, there is so much available online. I will be making some of my gifts, so that will reduce my shopping needs to some extent. I have a credit card with a local store that offers me a good discount I will use this offer for my raw materials. My Christmas shopping will be done before the first week of December.

16. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I like to use Amazon.com too, so I will be doing some of my shopping there and most likely the rest at the Walmart and Kmart. I have some stuff on law-away there, so that helps to have the lay-away
    so I can just get everything at once and make payments on it. Kmart has the Lay-away all year long, so I was able to get some shopping done early and that was a really good thing.

17. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I do most of mine online too. Amazon is my favorite. I'll also do a run to Kohls and Walmart. I have started a list already, so I'm trying to pick up some of it when I see it. I've always enjoyed doing stockings, so I also hit a Dollar Tree for some little things to go in there.

18. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

I'm amazed your local area still has a K-mart. I don't think they even still exist anymore in New York City.

19. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Two kmarts still exist in NYC. One is located at 250 West 34th Street and another is located at 770 Broadway Ave.

#19Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  20. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I do most of my shopping online, because I always find a great deal. I'm doing most of my Christmas shopping through Amazon.com and ebay.com