Roku and other digital receiver boxes

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Rarehuntress • Nov 16, 2012.

1. Rarehuntress

RarehuntressNew Member

Threads:
    Hey Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone have a Roku, roku2, appletv, or some other digital receiverbox (I'm not sure what its called)? I stumbled across an article that said you shouldn't pay for cable televison, just buy a roku box instead. This intrigued me so I looked it up online, surprisingly it has been around for a while. I would love to get one but, I'm still unsure if it is really worth getting.

You have to be connected to the internet all the time, right? Is it hooked up to the television and computer or just the television. If it's hooked up to both then you have to have a computer in every are with a television, right? Do I have to buy one for each television in The House? What is the best internet service provider for the roku? Do I have to pay for or register with netflix, hulu, etc? Sometimes our internet service goes out, so I would be without television. I guess I'm a little cautious because I don't want to spend money on something that may not work out for me, plus I would be without tv if i can't get roku to work.

2. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    First off, the Roku Box does not need a computer to work. All it needs is a wired internet connection and an HDMI (High Definition Media Interface) connection to a TV.