hair dye

Discussion in Make a Specific Deal/Coupon Request started by dkramarczyk • Apr 11, 2012.

1. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    Does anyone know of any good hair dye deals? I prefer the foam hair dye, but I'm willing to make exceptions for a good deal. I mainly just need to touch up on my roots.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I can usually find Clairol's Nice and Easy Root Touch Up for less than $7 at Walgreens. I have not looked at Walmart's price for this product but they may have it for less. There have been times I have been able to find really cheap hair dye deals in the clearance bins at the local grocery stores. I even bought a couple of boxes for $0.99 each. I was afraid to buy more than the two because I really don't know how long they are good for.

3. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have found the cheaper variety works as good as the more expensive variety. I haven't tried garnier yet tho. I would recommend trying to use the same one you used last time or waiting a while. Different dyes may contain different chemicals and if it hasn't been 3 months since you used dye, a different dye may have a very bad color reaction or even damage your hair. You also may have a hard time fitting the right color with different dyes. For future use tho, I have used the cheaper L'oreal and Clairol for dying and it worked.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Do you have a university or college nearby at all? I found some of the best deals are letting a college student in beauty school do it for you. Not only do they get the practice, but if it's just a touchup like you mentioned, then they 1. can't really mess it up and 2. can only charge like 10 bucks....or less, often times free....since they're getting practice. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for drastic changes, but for the same ol', same ol', you can get it done really cheap.

5. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    Thanks for all the tips everyone! I will definitely have to keep my eyes open when I go out to hunt for good hair dye deals. Hopefully I'll be able to find that a grocery store has some clearanced out. I've never seen them for only 99 cent, but I have seen them really cheap on occasion.

6. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I dye my hair all the time dkramarczk and I do enjoy the foam dyes. My favourite so far is Nice and Easy. However if you dye your hair often, and always the same colour. I would recommend going to Sallys Beauty Supply and buying Developer, and dye.

If you are going blonde or ligher get a 20/30 + developer, if you are not lightening a 10 will do. You can get the developer in a huge botle for less than $5. You the buy the shade you want. These are little bottles usually around $7 each. They look small, and I was like, this is not cheaper, when I first started.

I bought my developer and dye a year ago, and I still have some left! I dye my hair about every month light blonde from brown, and it works way better than the box dyes. I can talk you through it more if you need more help, but it is professional level dye so you don't need to worry about your hair failling out using some 99c thing from the dollarstore.