fireplace tv

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by marshelluise • Jan 24, 2013.

1. marshelluise

marshelluiseNew Member

Threads:
    fireplace is place where you can put your tv . it provide a warmth and beauty for The House. so. i want to suggest to every one to fit your tv over the fireplace.

2. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    It does not work for my fireplace. No place for a TV

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have a fireplace in our house but it would be really nice to have one. I always wondered about putting a tv over one, though. Wouldn't the heat from the fireplace damage the tv above it? May be it depends on the type of fireplace...

4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Be nice to have a fireplace but I don't have one. If I did I would have to say I am not that sure I would want to have the tv over it. I wonder about that. But actually if you want to watch the fire in the fireplace, well the tv sort of defeats the purpose.
    Ryder13

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually thnk the TV and fireplace combination works together extremely well. We have an electric fireplace, and it sits in a stand that is designed for a TV on top. One does not distract from the other at all.... In fact, when it was so cold out, and we were bundled under blankets keeping warm, it was great to be watching the TV and seeing the cozy fire underneath it in the stand. Plus, we live in a dinky little old trailer, so there is not much room in here, and having the fireplace heater and the TV all in one space also gives us more room.
    Of course, it works with a remote, so it does add to the remotes sitting on the coffee table' and my hubby has to figure out which one to grab, so he doesn't turn off the fire when he only wants to change the channel...

6. harryca

harrycaNew Member

Threads:
    It's actually sounds like a very good idea. Currently my TV is located next to the fireplace, but it's kind of impossible for me to place it on top (it's an old TV :cool:). I am not sure if it would be safe though...I mean won't it be affected by the heat? Also have you heard about a TV channel (I believe in Norway or another Scandinavian country's public channel) that broadcast's a fireplace all day long? That combines TV and a fireplace! :p