Sites like shoedazzle.com

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Neelofar1334 • Jan 28, 2013.

1. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    So these sites come out with these unbelievable deals where you can get a pair of designer shoes for a super low price, and I fell for it- once.

I'm not sure if it was ShoeDazzle or some other site, but I was curious as to what the catch was, so I signed up. They do have really good prices for shoes, but the catch is that you have to pay this ridiculous monthly membership fee. Has anyone joined these kinds of sites? If so, do you think the monthly fees are worth it?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have joined a site like this once as well and I had discovered that when something is too good to be true then it probably is. I don't think the monthly membership fee is worth it so for that reason only I unsubscribe e from it.

3. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    The membership fee would be worth it if you were going to be buying a pair of shoes each month or something. There probably is some break even point where it makes more sense to pay the fee. But for hte most part, no, the sites like that are a rip off.

4. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I thought about trying shoedazzle. I thought their commercial was intriguing. I did try one called JustFab. It doesn’t have a membership fee, but you have decline their offer each month, or they will charge you $40. The $40 can be used to buy an item later. I only purchased one item. They styles are cute, but the pair I have is rather cheaply made. I don’t think I’m going to get even one year’s wear out of them.

5. Neelofar1334

Threads:
    That's the site I tried, JustFab, now I remember why I quit that site. I was reading online reviews and a whole bunch of people said that they tried to decline the offer at the end of the month, but it didn't work and they couldn't call customer service either. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I was just afraid it might
    happen to me. That sucks about the quality of the shoes though! I've always had a fear that the heels on a pair of cheap shoes will break off during a really bad time.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased shoes online. I like to try my shoes on, I have a hard to fit foot so I may not be able to purchase shoes online, my concern is if they don't fit I will have to return them.

7. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Any time I sign up for a site I know I'm going to cancel, I use a disposable Visa. They can't charge what doesn't exist :)

8. Neelofar1334

Threads:
    That is very clever! I might just do that next time I sign up for a questionable site. Thanks for the tip :)

9. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I only ordered from ShoeDazzle once and it was after they removed their monthly fee program. I recall getting an email saying "You've talked and we've listened!" or something like that. They removed it due to the complaints they were receiving about the practice. I was discouraged from ever ordering from them before because I didn't want to have to remember to opt-out every month. Once I found out I could do so without that hanging over me I did purchase one pair. They're a pair of very sexy ankle boots with fringe detailing but after a few hours of walking around in them nonstop they really hurt my feet. I guess they missed the option to charge people monthly because I see they now have a VIP membership program that is $9.95 per month and after 4 months you can use the money to purchase a new pair of shoes. I still don't see any benefit for one to do this. The only benefit is for the company get people to commit to giving them their money. It's so funny because they make it sound like after one month you'll get a pair of shoes for $29.95 and after 2 months the shoes will cost you $19.95 but at the end of the day you are still paying $39.95!

I hear JustFab's shoes are more comfortable but I'm not trying to get sucked into their game. There are other places you can find the same style of shoes they sell without the commitment or hassle of trying to tell them not to charge you.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've wondered about them but have yet to try any. Basically the same things wondering about that stopped me.