Gas or Electric

Discussion in Product Reviews started by dorothymoreno • Apr 12, 2013.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know why but I have just always liked gas stoves over electric stoves. I think that the gas stove is just better , I have always liked the gas stove, it seems to me it is easier to adjust the heat with a gas stove then an electric and you don't have to worry about getting shocked if your hands are wet or you happen to spill liquid on the stove. I just like gas stoves better.

what about you, which do you like better and why?

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I never liked gas stove, I was always nervous about something leaking and exploding. I prefer the electric stove with the flat surface. Easier to clean. I feel safer with electric.

3. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer electric, as i think it's more convenient and safer.

4. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    All appliances we have here in the house are electric. We don't use gas or oil or anything else. It's safer compared to others. Plus, if you would calculate the cost per month, electric is still cheaper than anything else.

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to like a gas stove as well. However, the one that I have is gas/electric, which means that it has an electric ignition. I have found a gas stove to be more convenient then an electric. I remember one Thanksgiving where the electricity went out for a few hours in the morning. Because we had a gas stove that was already lit when the power went out we were still able to continue cooking our Thanksgiving meal. So, this situation alone sold me on using a gas stove over an electric.

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I love my gas stove! When you turn the burner on, you don't have to wait for it to heat up. When you turn the burner off, it is off and doesn't take a while to cool down. I also like it because they are usually quite efficient and natural gas is usually cheaper then electric.

During Hurricane Sandy we lost power. We were without power for about 3 days and I was able to cook because I have a gas stove! Many people were eating out of boxes because they had electric stoves and not many businesses were open around here due to no power, but we cooked with no problems. Also our gas water heater was great because we were able to take hot showers :) I don't think I would ever go back to an electric stove if I had a choice.

7. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    I prefer gas appliances, I absolutely despise the thought of getting an electric stove. My mom was this was as well, it seemed more efficient to cook with a gas stove. I also use natural gas to cook on the BBQ, I cannot totally rely on electricity now. It seems odd to me that so many prefer electric in present times. I have had gas for over 11 years, I don't ever plan on getting an electric stove at all.

8. joshAnthony

joshAnthonyNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer gas stoves but I usually go for both because have 2 types is better than having one. If I were to have a plain electric stove my disadvantage would be if there is no power I wouldn't be able to utilize it. The only disadvantage with gas stoves is that if you don't pay your bills you can't use the gas part of the stove.

9. maria1

maria1New Member

Threads:
    I use gas stoves, and that's better than electric. Because I'm efficient and I do not care if you do not have electricity.
    I can use it wherever I want, if it is transferable.
    Cheaper me, I saved a lot with a gas oven, so I would recommend a gas stove.

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have always used a gas stove so an electric one will never be an option for me.
    I also think that electric stoves cost so much more money and I don't feel like paying for them.
    I prefer gas and I think that if I ever have the extra money then I might invest an electric one because it is always a plus to have an extra appliance for those "just in case" moments.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I like the gas stoves better because you don't have to wait for it to get hot and it's true that you can get shocked if your hands are wet or something so I like the gas stoves a lot better

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our neighbor uses electric stoves, and their electric bill is rather high as compared to ours, while we use gas stoves and we buy gas every 3 to 4 months. So I think gas stoves are way more practical to use than electric stoves. I would never use an electric stove unless it's the only one available.

13. Dharma

DharmaBanned

Threads:
    Gas!

I just had my first gas range delivered to me yesterday! I am so excited! I have been wanting a gas range. :)

14. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Grew up with gas stoves, but after using an electric one for the first time, going back seems a bit archaic. Also, with gas stoves, the problem of malfunctioning and leaking is too dangerous to just ignore.

15. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    If I had a choice, I would have chosen a gas stove, because that's what I'm familiar with. I can't say how expensive or inexpensive one would be against the other because, I've never had to pay a utility bill before. It seems like everyone pretty much agrees that electric is more expensive, so that would be another reason why I would have chosen gas over electric.
    Also I had no idea that if my hands were wet I could get shocked by an electric stove. This just reaffirms why I would rather have a gas stove.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see the advantages of both. I've been through a few hurricanes where the power went out and we were able to cook because of the gas stove. But worrying about leaks and pilot lights is a little scary. You could blow yourself up if you leave the stove on by accident and the pilot light goes out.

17. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    That is great and that is why I would rather have a gas stove if you loose power you can still cook,and as for the gas water heater you would still have hot water to bathe, whereas if it were all to be electric you wouldn't be able to. That's why I would rather have a gas stove anyday. Thanks for your reply.

18. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    I also love my gas stove I do not like the electric stove at all, I think that the gas stoves cook a lot better then the electric stove, also if you ever loose power you can still cook with a gas stove.

19. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    Thank you for your reply and yes the gas stoves do get hot faster and they can shock you when you touch it with your hands wet or even damp, and if you have water on the stove and you go to put something in the water and touch that water it sometimes will shock you, I used to hate that. Don't got to worry about that with the gas stove.

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Electric stoves are a lot safer and a lot more advanced nowadays, if you get one of the more expensive ones that is. You won't need to worry about spilling anything on them anymore and it even won't heat up for anything other than pots and pans, if I recall correctly. I still prefer a good old fire though, so I'd go with a gas burner. It feels a lot more natural when cooking.