Clothes from Family Dollar

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by LindaKay • Apr 21, 2013.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone ever shop for clothes at Family Dollar? Although I'm sure there's some sort of stigma attached to buying clothes there, I don't mind picking up a few pieces from there every now and then. I think some of their tops are actually really cute, and they're cheap.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that Family Dollar had clothes but anyway we don't have one here in my city. Maybe there will be soon and I will check them out. I don't mind buying things there because they will last just as long as a designer piece, because after all, how long are you going to wear anything. I know myself, it's maybe worn about two or three times and I am on to something else. So why not buy whatever you are happy with, I will.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I haven't tried but looks like I would try it. I'm always up for a good bargain. Especially now that times are tough, it's only smart to go for places where you can get a great deal with it. :)

4. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I think some people would say that the quality isn't as good, but the pieces that I have picked up from there have held up pretty well. If you want to talk about bad quality, try buying a sweater from American Eagle. I paid $160 for four sweaters from there once, and every single one of them had at least one hole before the end of the season. Umm...I'd rather pay $5 for a shirt that doesn't literally tear (although it might fade or something) than $40 for something that will practically rip to shreds.

5. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I have bought clothes from there. I have to wear scrubs for my job as a housekeeper and they had some on sale at their store. it was cool because I needed the color black. And not only did they have them, but they were buy a pair get a pair for free. And being a housekeeper for a living I am not really rolling in money. So this was a perfect buy for me. And they have lasted through alot of washes so far so I am very happy with the quality. I also buy a few little tops and socks for my grandbaby as well. Why pay a boat load of money for clothes she will get dirty and outgrow so quickly. And I agree the clothes are rather cute.

6. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, although I can be a cheapskate at times, I'm a quality over quantity type of person when it comes to the clothes I buy. When I shop at thrift stores, I look at quality items that seem like they will hold up. If I absolutely needed something quickly to wear, I would grab something from Family Dollar but in general, that's not somewhere I frequent for clothing.

7. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried to sop at these types of places but the quality just really disturbed me so I never went back.
    I normally always choose quality over quantity so I ended up returning all the clothes I got and I noticed that when clothes is very cheap I buy them in bundles and it feels like an impulse buy almost everytime.