Regular mealtimes

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Rocky • May 1, 2013.

1. Rocky

RockyMember

Threads:
    I find that I rarely eat three meals a day instead I tend to eat many small snacks. My schedule changes frequently and I don't always have time to sit down and eat so I snack when I can and try to avoid eating right before bed.

Do you eat 3 square meals a day or just grab what you can when you have the time?

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say 3, but 2 at least, and when i am eating, it's better for no one to bother me because that is a sacred time and i need at least my 15 minutes of peace to eat.

3. Nikilee

NikileeNew Member

Threads:
    I eat when I can but this makes me tend to over or under eat if that makes sense? I do better when I plan out my meals! It's supposed to be healthier to plan out 4 to 6 small meals a day I believe, but that seems hard for me to do most days!

4. riku517

riku517New Member

Threads:
    I usually eat once a day during the weekdays when university is in session. I never have the time to sit down and actually eat a meal at school so I wait until I get home to eat which ends up being around 8 or 9 PM. This habit, however, is terrible and I usually tend to eat too much/unhealthy when I do eat. Several healthy snacks throughout the day is usually the best way to stay healthy and keep the metabolism going. I'm planning on starting to take small, quick foods with me in the morning so I can stop ruining my health.

5. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I tend to eat one or two very large meals per day. I am outside of my house at work for most of the day without access to any food I want to eat. As a result, it is easier to just eat a lot before I leave and after I return. It would also be difficult to prepare and carry several "snacks" to eat throughout the day. Although it might well be healthier to eat several smaller meals throughout the day, it is simply not practical for me.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've been trying to get back into healthy snacking. Three squares a day doesn't really work for me since my schedule is so sporadic, but snacking can be dangerous if you have the wrong kinds of snacks available. I notice that I tend to gravitate naturally towards snacking, though, so I've been trying to have healthy snackable things on hand. That, and I don't always feel up to the hassle of meal preparation.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have the same habits as you do. I almost stick to exclusively small snacks throughout the day instead of meals. I think it's a lot healthier since it keeps your metabolism going without having a need to fill up fully, at least that's what I got from reading about fitness, I do believe it works though. Also, I try not to eat 2 hours before I sleep as well.

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I eat my three meals regularly. I used to snack a lot.. the wrong kind and went out of shape.. now I eat three healthy home cooked meals and I am feeling wonderful. I do not snack between meals.. I drink a lot of water.. no sodas for me. However, I might skip a meal and eat some carrots, and beets that is always cut and kept in the fridge when I am busy.

9. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I try to eat by meal because I think that's healthier. Although recently, due to the lack of time; I just pretty much munch whatever it is that I can grab here. So busy!

10. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on my schedule, but I eat when it's convenient for me to do so. Eating regular meals at regular intervals requires a lot of organization as well as a regular routine. My schedule doesn't always allow for that, so I just eat whenever.