Has Anyone Won a Gift Card Filling Out Surveys from Your Receipt?

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by Lilley1 • May 16, 2013.

1. Lilley1

Lilley1Member

Threads:
    I usually do not participate in contests when it comes to winning a large amount of money on a gift card. A cashier at Home Depot told me to be sure to fill out the survey because she recently had someone come in with a winning gift card. Well, that was last year and I finally decided to give it a try. I just submitted a survey for Home Depot and will enter a couple more to see if anything comes out of it. I also thought about trying it for Walmart too. If anything, I've only lost out on time. :rolleyes:

Has anyone filled out online surveys from a receipt and actually won a gift card?

2. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    They seem like just another way to waste your time. I'm sure someone has won from it, but I feel like there's no chance at winning. The cashier was probably lying to you as well, just to persuade you into doing the survey.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have filled a few of them out for various stores but have never won anything from them. The way I see it, if I have the time...then why not? If I do win sometime, then it would have been well worth my time. Some of the gift card surveys are for $1,000.00! I also like to do the surveys if I have received either really good or really poor service. It is a good way to let corporate managers know just how well (or how poor) the local store is.

4. kad613

kad613New Member

Threads:
    Part of the cashier's job is to have you fill in the survey. It's a review of the store and how well it is working in selling products and how employees are doing their job. I've filled them out a few times but never won anything. I imagine there are a lot of people filling them out for the chance at a $500 or $1,000 gift card.

5. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I have won several giftcards by filling out surveys online. I have received 2 £10 vouchers on a UK survey site and I am awaiting a £10 voucher for PayPal at another site. I love receiving vouchers but it usually takes a long time to receive enough points to redeem one.

6. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't do that anymore because I never win and it just seems like a waste of time and I have never known anyone to win from these. If I thought I would have some kind of chance to win I might go back to doing them, but don't think I will. It seems like a way for them to get your phone number and email so that they can be sending you junk mail or telemarketing calls , who knows, but not me anymore.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never known anyone who won a gift card from doing the surveys, but sometimes I do them when I have a few minutes of free time. The only gift card I've even won was from a normal sweepstakes sponsored by the TV station TBS.

8. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I never won in any contest or surveys in my whole life. Even the simple raffle contest in my school. I think I'm not that lucky. I used to fill up forms or join in a raffle promo or surveys if I see one, but now I gave it up. I know some people who are always win no matter what they join.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have done it before but never won anything so now I usually just throw my receipts away.

10. pxyc

pxycNew Member

Threads:
    I wish! You know, even if I don't win, the feeling of "what am I going to do if I win this" is always fun and enjoyable. Though I think it would be more fun if I actually did win ;)

11. Phil

PhilNew Member

Threads:
    I fill those out about 50% of the time, maybe I've done close to a hundred total, and I've never won. To me it's like a free lottery play for about 3 minutes of my time. If I'm online and there's a receipt nearby, I'll go to the website and fill out the review.

12. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    I have done a few but I never hear about anyone winning. I think it is just a way to get you to their sites, do surveys, etc. Some people probably do win but I think the chances of winning are so slim.

13. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have filled out a survey from the receipt at the Walgreens store, but I haven't heard anything from it. Therefore, I think I didn't win anything from Walgreens. I think it's a business model that telling the consumers that they can have a chance to win if they fill out the survey. I personally don't trust that because I think it's completely waste of time, which I have not done it again ever since that time.

14. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I have never won filling out surveys. Some you need to read the small print on which usually says you have to participate in a certain number of "offers" which means you have to buy something or give a credit card for a free trial. I am sure the ones at the in line stores may be different, but I usually get a ton of spam emails after I fill out the surveys. I do still look carefully and read the offer, but as of yet have not won.

15. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Also never managed to win anything out of surveys, and i don't remember anyone who ever did, so unfortunately i am still in that mentality that maybe all of those things are scams to just get you to participate and come to know their products.

16. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I had one instance where I did win something filling out a receipt. There was a sweepstakes on a Walgreens receipt for Men's Health where you were entered to win a grill. I did not get the grill but they did send me a Men's Health apron with a spatula, tongs, salt/pepper shakers, and a brush. I thought it was nice regardless of getting the runner ups prize.

17. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I used to filling out surveys several years ago with the hope to make some money online. The company promised to pay and they did, only that they sent an American Express and it was an epic adventure cash it out.

I'm actually participating in another survey site, but the pay in points, which are exchangeable for items in an online catalog that they setup.

I have not exchanged any gift yet, but since the company has a real physical address in my city, I don't think this is a scam.

18. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't because simply I think it's a waste of time.

19. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    There used to a local newspaper that had contests for free movie screening tickets. As there was a ton of winners and not many entrants, I'd win a fair share of them. It was great and a cheap date option too. Over the years, I've entered a ton of other contests for money, prizes, and trips, but never one at all.

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, I haven't, nor do I know anyone who ever has.

As someone mentioned above, I do sometimes take the time to fill out the survey if I had a particularly good server who requested I do so. I don't mind paying it forward a bit and hopefully getting them some bonus points with their boss for doing a good job.