Facebook Vs Google +

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by kidensika • May 20, 2013.

1. kidensika

kidensikaNew Member

Threads:
    As google is taking over on pretty much anything, i wanted to see how many people are using Google + and if they think it is time for FB to pack up.

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I highly prefer Facebook over Google+. I think people at Facebook are more active. Google+ is still establishing itself and there's not a lot to be done there. Facebook on the other hand is full of life. There are a lot of things to keep you busy. That's where most of my friends are so I frequently visit the site.

I think that Facebook is here to stay, at least for a couple more years. Google+ has still a lot of ground to cover up and it will be hard to bump the social networking giant FB out of the top spot.

3. chriswild1122

chriswild1122New Member

Threads:
    I'm usually such a Google fan when it comes to, well, just about anything but Google+ has really failed to win me over. I wish it would pick up the pace because Facebook is proving to be such a genuine drag as of late. What Google+ needs is something that makes it absolutely irresistible and I just don't think it has that hook as of yet. I'm really pulling for it though; here's to hoping it's able to surprise all of us in the near future.

4. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer Facebook over Google+, but that's more based on the fact that most people I know haven't even heard of Google+. With that, I definitely don't think it's time for Facebook to pack up.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of Facebook. I do have a Google Plus account because I was added by default. I checked the "not join" box, but I was still added to Google Plus. I eventually will get around to using it. My main problem with Google is being forced to join it.

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe i am being hipster, but i kinda like Google+ more, mostly because how it is designed, and also because Facebook got too much going on right now.

7. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I think Facebook is better... because it is more user friendly...

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer facebook at least right now. I haven't even tried google+ although I'm technically signed up for it by default. Nobody I know is on google+ and the only reason I'm on facebook at all is to network. Joining a network where nobody I know participates is not useful to me. Maybe if google+ really blows up I'll become an active member there as well, but for right now it doesn't serve me.

9. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    WHen it was first released, everyone thought Google+ was going to kill facebook in 6 months or less. But so far, nobody that I know actually uses google+. I find it surprising too, but I don't think google usually misses the mark this bad.

10. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    If Google Inc thinks to break the market of Facebook, they need to come up with more brighter ideas... Although it doesn't seem like Facebook is easy to break :D

11. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    Facebook definitely wins.....google + does not have anything innovative or anything entertaining enough to make me leave facebook and join google +......also my community of friends family and colleagues are all on FB so i find no reason to switch.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Google+ account but I hardly use it and I don't believe Facebook are in danger of losing their social media crown anytime soon, I would not even lay Google+ third to be honest.

13. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I currently prefer Facebook over Google+, but I'm sure that will change. I think the interface is more user-friendly on facebook compared to Google+. I could easily work my way around things, and it's hard to navigate with Google+. It also isn't fully developed yet, but a lot of people are using it. It shows that it will be popular once it's fully released.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Facebook every day to connect with my friends and associates. I have a Google + account but I don't use it for social activity online. I also use Twitter and Twitter would be my favourite out of the three. I use Google + for marketing and work, not for fun. I read about Facebook's decline in popularity but I think that is premature.

15. lindbergh

Threads:
    Yes, I agree. The Google+ layout seems so bland and the community is not very active. There's not much to do once I am logged in to my Google+ account. Facebook on the other hand keeps me immersed every time I visit.

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It will be interesting to see what happens with Facebook and other online services in light of the recent news stories about all these companies sending over private browsing activity to the government on a regular basis. I think this is really going to cause people to reconsider what they share online through social media, email, and over their phone.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer facebook, but only because everyone I know is on it. Otherwise I would say no to both. They're both highly shady and invasive.

18. lindbergh

Threads:
    It seems as though people should take a closer look at our rights to privacy. But, if these measures are intended to keep the general public safe and secure, why not? I just hope that these social networking sites are open to its users with regards to how they use private information.

19. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Neither - I don't believe in Facebook because it's invasive and insipid. I don't like Google + for the same reason except more so. I mean I didn't even sign up for it, that was automatic despite my preferences.

20. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Facebook is already a well established social network site and most of my friends are on facebook. Its also easy to market something on facebook rather than on google plus. But Google Plus has overwhelmed me with a lot of functions and features that Facebook doesnt have. I think at the moment, google plus needs to established more people but sometimes users are too lazy to get use to something new.