Online Shopping Or Window Shopping

Discussion in Online Shopping started by himali.jagma • May 22, 2013.

1. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    Which type of shopping do you prefer online shopping or offline?

2. preeti

preetiNew Member

Threads:
    I will prefer online shopping.Because i think by this shopping we can save our time & the money also.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do enjoy shopping online for clothes, searching for bargains and discount codes etc. I think the online stores are generally cheaper as the online companies have lower overheads. However, you can't beat going into a shop and trying on the garments. It is essential for ensuring the garment fits and the overall quality of the garment.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never knew how much price difference there is regarding online and offline items until I compared the price of micro sd cards online and offline! So with the exception of clothes, I would now try to buy things online 1st before buying them offline.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a big online shopper. It takes so much time going from store to store and I'm not a big fan of malls.. everything looks the same in every store, so you can't exactly remain original when buying from places like that (no offense to anyone lol). So online it is. Originality and done so much quicker.

6. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer online shopping. It's just more convenient, and it's there when I want it. The only time when I would go window shopping, or shopping at a store physically is when I'm with my parents or a friend.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you asking whether I would rather browse online and look without buying, or browse in a store? I prefer to browse online because I can look without salespeople pressuring me to buy anything and I can add the item to my cart or wishlist and think about it. Then if I really want it, I can buy it at my leisure. With window shopping ,there's salespeople asking if you need help and sometimes if the item's right there you'll buy it impulsively. Shopping online gives you more time to think about whether you really need the item.

8. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer shopping online only from stores that I completely trust.
    It's just gotten to the point where I don't have time to go to malls simply because it gets exhausting and the amount of work I need to do always piles itself on more and more.
    Shopping online is simple and quick and easy and if done correctly you can save even more money than in a mall.

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been doing my shopping online. It's really more convenient that way and it saves me a lot of time and effort in going to places. I've done my christmas shopping online and i have no regrets whatsoever. The items are shipped properly and in great condition. I think most people nowadays prefer online shopping.

10. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    The point about salespeople is head on! I cannot count the number of times that I've ended up buying something just because I did not want to be the girl who looked at ten different items for hours and hours without making at least a small purchase! With looking online, I have enough time to compare products and prices, to read reviews and to think about my budget and whether I really need this or not. Many times, it ends up on my Wishlist because I cannot afford to buy frivolous nonsense, but I'd rather not lose track of it either. In this way, a great money saver.

On the other side, I love to be in a store and just try whatever clothe item is around, even pieces of attire that would not fall under my usual taste, just to see how it looks. Sometimes, it is a pleasant surprise at how well if fits me! I would never make this kind of risky purchase if I could not try it on; in fact, I don't really buy clothes online. I feel like the only clothes I would buy online would be clothes I had the luxury to try on in a store first...!

11. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big online shopper and strongly prefer it. I don't like shopping in stores much and online is easier for price vs features comparison. However, for those who like to shop in stores, take your smart phone! Some stores (like HH Gregg for one but there are others too) will give you the lower price if you can prove an identical product is cheaper somewhere else. Even when I didn't want to wait for shipping, I've gotten amazon prices in person at stores a few times with this policy.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not going to lie, it's BOTH for me and any type of shopping will do very nicely, thank you very much LOL People, can I just say I'm a self proclaimed shopping addict? I enjoy both and I think there're pluses to both, dependent on what exactly you're looking for and of course your budget. Usually if I know exactly what I'm after but don't have much time to get it, it's easier to just find it online and compare prices across a few online stores. Some of my favourite online stores can deliver within a day or two anyway.

However if I'm looking for that buzz and I want to make a day of it, I prefer to go out and mooch around a few stores.

13. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    For clothes, shoes, and stuff that I am going to wear I would rather go into the store and make a purchase.
    But as far as electronics, stuff for my home, office supplies, toys, etc I am much more inclined to buy online.

The only hassle about online shopping as opposed to going to a store is the shipping rather than getting it right then, other than that online shopping has better deals. You just can't beat having never paid a dime out of pocket for orders from Amazon.

14. RobertCMcElveen

RobertCMcElveenNew Member

Threads:
    Most of the time I prefer online shopping, instead of offline shopping.

15. livingforshopping

livingforshoppingNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer online shopping when it comes to literally everthing ;) I also began shopping clothing and beauty products that I know I want before I travel now! It is the BEST. Especially, because many time I experienced that my mascara was sold out when I wanted to buy it in the duty free so I got annoyed. SO ONLINE SHOPPING FOR THE WIN! :D

#15Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I want to buy. For some things, the shipping costs would make whatever I buy more expensive than when I'd buy it locally. However for things like DVDs, they are very cheap online so I always get them on E-bay.

Do I prefer either? No. I go with whatever is most convenient and cheaper [at the time].

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer online shopping because I can add an item to my wish list and think about it.
    Sometimes taking a few days to decide that I don't need the item after all is a money saver.

18. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Online shopping is definitely more convenient and very accessible. However, I always prefer offline shopping. I get to try the products, garments, and other stuff.

19. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like shopping any way that I can get it, online or off suits me just fine, but I do most of my shopping offline. I could probably save a lot of time if I did my shopping online, come to think of it. I like being out shopping in stores, but sometimes it can be really time-consuming, and one thing that I don't like to do is waste time.

20. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Online since it's cheaper and you don't have to drive to the store which probably will cost you more than the shipping fees you'd be charged when you buy online.