anti aging and wrinkle creams

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Libragirl67 • Jun 9, 2013.

1. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Ok, lets be honest here. Do you really believe anti aging and wrinkle creams work? I really I'm doubting this. Is this a very elaborate trick the cosmetic companies have produced to sell their products?? Or is there really a great product out there that stops the hands of time?

2. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    I think they do. What anti-wrinkles cream to (most of then) is actually delay the wrinklage, not actually make your wrinkles disappear. You would probably need surgery for that. So I think the earlier you start caring for your skin the longer you'll be wrinkle-free.

An additional tip: don't use anti-wrinkle eye creams. They're super expensive! I started using several years ago Olive Oil, directly on my skin and it works just as well, and maybe even better, than most expensive creams. You just dip a q-tip in olive oil and then dab the q-tip carefully around your eyes. It works wonderfully and it your skin feels great the next day (i do it at night).

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once you get a wrinkle, it's not going anywhere.. BUT, some products do tighten the area up, giving the appearance of a less severe wrinkle or like it was never there at all. Stop using the product and the wrinkle will show itself again. There's more to an aged look than wrinkles and lines though. There's age/sun spots, texture, enlarged pores, dullness etc etc and there are TONS of products out there that combat these quite nicely. So yes, I do believe some products work, just not in the way they say..

4. Sheila89

Sheila89New Member

Threads:
    Anti-aging cream really works. It prevents your skin from wrinkling especially when you use it continuously.

5. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    For these to work you have to start using them when signs of aging are minimal. If you wait till your skin is sagging then that is already too late. I've noticed that wrinkle creams work while you use them and you tend to lose the gains once you stop using them. I've used The Avon Anew range and it does work for me. What really works for minimal lines is good hydration and a diet of mostly vegetables and fruits. If you stick with that you'll see results in around 2 months.

6. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I must admit I never use to think they work but my mum is 76 and she has always used them and her skin does look better fro it. She swears by them and has to use them once a day. She uses Oil Of Olay and always asks us all to buy her more for her birthday, lol. For me I like to use homemade face masks, I love making homemade face masks with my daughter, its fun :)

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With all products, consistency is the key, so I think that with regular use, you can definitely see some results. It's always suggested that you should start to care for your skin while you're still young, so that the maintenance is easier as compared to when you're old and wrinkly already and you just started to decide to "prevent" those wrinkles from multiplying.

8. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    According to me using a cream is no needed because the chemicals might get you some other defect so it is always better when you use some natural herbs for your face which will make it more effective.

9. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    I always prefer Organic or Natural creams to get rid of wrinkles. It really effect and have no side effects for skin.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know to watch point specific anti-age and wrinkle cream work. But keeping your skin moisturized will definitely retard those from showing up!
    My favorite brand for skincare in general are Olay for a more affordable brand and Kiehl's for department store. I think it's important to keep your skin clean and moisturized always, not necessarily with specific creams. My mom has no wrinkles, she is 53 and NEVER used wrinkle creams. She always used drugstore everyday moisturizers.

11. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I always thought it was a way for the make up companies to sell more of their products. Recently I noticed a wrinkle near my eyes because of the way I apply my makeup. My sis suggested i get an eye cream. She says the cream she uses for her dark circles actually work.

12. sophianathan

sophianathanNew Member

Threads:
    There are several causes behind aging, which are found in various ways including the environmental pollution that render the oxidation leading to free radicals formed at the human body. This simply leads to tissue damages and can simply boost a number of aging signs over your face and other body parts. So trying the products like facial cleanser or acne chemical peel can really help you in staying young for long.

13. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I think Olay is good. My mom is using it and so far I can see a huge difference. I will try it myself soon as well.

14. Aida4

Aida4New Member

Threads:
    As a Skincare Therapist, yes! Anti- aging and a anti- wrinkle treatment work. As we get older skin starts to lose the support that it needs to look young.. That's why we get wrinkles and skin starts to sag, and skin looks dull and uneven.. Boy, I can stress to you the importance of starting a healthy anti-aging routine early, to delay, maybe even avoid the downfall of aging skin. Trust me, start a healthy treatment today.. I can recommend something on the Unveil line if you are interested.. Not to plug it in.. But they really do carry a good line of skincare, amongst other products.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do use a mask to help clean my skin. I think anti-aging creams help keep the skin young looking. This is a habit you must start early to receive the most benefit from applying cream to your skin. My concern is the turkey neck that older people get, not cute at all.

16. TerrillLouis

TerrillLouisNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, anti aging wrinkle creams really work. Its help in reducing wrinkles and keep your skin young looking.

17. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are definitely some formulas that improve and tighten the texture of your skin. I find them on iherb.com. I can't praise that company enough. They carry a wide range of completely affordable natural body care products. I am buying various plant based creams and serums that are working very well for me. But managing wrinkles takes more than just applying some anti-aging cream, like wearing sunglasses outdoors to avoid squinting. Also cleaning and toning your face and neck regularly will do small wonders. You can do some facial exercises to prevent sagging jowls and also apply a home made a fruit mask once a week. It's a bit of work, but half an hour every day isn't too much if you want to maintain a youthful look.

18. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I think anti-aging and wrinkle creams can work, but people need to have realistic expectations. These creams aren't miracles and if people don't use them as they are directed chances are the results won't be as good as people hope. I think the best bet against aging is prevention, always wear sunscreen, healthy diet, exercise, try to get enough sleep, don't smoke and the drinking in moderation. I also think that starting on an anti-aging regimen in the late teens early twenties will save a lot of time and money down the road.