Would You Let Someone Smoke In You Car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Carlalexander • Aug 30, 2013.

1. Carlalexander

CarlalexanderMember

Threads:
    I used to smoke but I quit but some of my smoking friends don't understand it when I tell them not to smoke in my car. I used to smoke with them in the car before, but after I quit, I never allow them to smoke in my car anymore and they think that I am being too rough on them. Do you think this is true?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would never let someone smoke in my car.
    I'm one of those people who holds her breath when someone in front of me is smoking because I simply ant stand the smell. I also don't like to be around people when smoke as well since the smell is just too overwhelming for me.
    At the end of it all smoking in someone else's car is just disrespectful because they are poisoning not only their lungs but other people's as well.

3. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    I don't mind people smoking in my car as long as the kids are not riding in it. The car gets cleaned often so the smell does not linger anyway. It also doesn't happen too often also. It would be nice it it didn't happen but when my passenger asks permission, I don't make a big deal of it and just allow him or her.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Smoking in the car has got to be THE worst smell ever. Even when I was a smoker, I never did it and could always tell when someone had smoked in their car.. it stays. Then once other people are in the car, especially children and non smokers.. well that's just an awful thing to do to them. I've always been extremely car sick when people smoked in the car with me. It's disrespectful.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I know cars are usually more valued when it hadn't any people smoking inside, because then the smell doesn't leave the stuffing of the seats, but i think i wouldn't mind if a friend wanted to smoke.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I think your friends should respect your wishes and not smoke in your car. If your not smoking in YOUR car, then they shouldn't either! You can try asking them nicely but remember a real friend would respect you enough to honor your request.

7. bonniea

bonnieaMember

Threads:
    Absolutely not! It stinks the car up long after the person has left. The time and cost of getting the smell out is not worth it. Would never let someone smoke in the house for the same reason. Smoke penetrates everything. You need to clean the carpets and really detail the car to get the smell out. That's why hotels charge like $150 to clean a non-smoking room that has been smoked in.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't allow anyone to smoke in my car. I don't even want anyone smoking and holding the cigarette outside the car window. That happened when I used to carpool with other people. It wasn't my car and I eventually stopped riding with the. Cigarette smokes smells awful. Just awful especially to a non-smoker. I also don't want to be exposed to cigarette smoke in close quarters.

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Well I don't drive, but yes I would not havee a problem letting someone smoke in my car or in my house,

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If someone smokes regularly in your car then it will get to a point where the cigar when you simply just can't get rid of the lingering smell. It makes it much harder to trade-in the car or sell it to a non-smoker if it gets to that and in any case not everyone [even smokers] would like to drive around in a car that smells of cigar smoke 24-7.

To avoid such complications I would never permit anyone to smoke in my car.

11. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    If I had a choice, I would not let others smoke in our car. Not only is it unhealthy for such an enclosed area, but it also makes the car smell so bad that it lowers it's resale value by a great deal. Why would you want to knock thousands of dollars off of your cars resale value just to have a few cigarettes here and there? It makes no sense to me, so I wouldn't want to allow it.

12. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course not. Smoking is prohibited our house and in our family vehicle. We spend some cash on air fresheners and stuff like that and we don't want anybody to just come and pollute our vehicle. If a certain person wishes to smoke, he or she should simply get out of the car. Period.

13. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    No way! I don't smoke, and I only have view limited friends who do. They never ask to, probably because they know I won't let them. My one friend, his car smells so gross because he smokes in it. I drive my kids around, I don't want that in the air they breathe. It's all closed in, you know?

14. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really smoke any more, but as long as the window is open and it's not raining then I don't really mind.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also won't let people smoke in my car, since the smell will cling to it. I don't smoke, so they will easily understand if they prohibit me from doing it.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I wouldn't mind, unless I minded the smell, but I don't, so that's even more reason for me to let them. I understand if you refuse, though, it's your car you should be able to make your own rules on it.

17. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I would not let someone smoke in my car because I don't like the smell of smoking, which always makes me cough. I cannot stand the fact that smoking in the car makes me feel like I am going to vomit. I just cannot stand the smell, that's all.

18. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    No, I do not let anybody smoke in my car ever! If I am riding along in someone else's car and he smokes, I don't mind because it is not my car.

19. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to smoke too so I understand the problem. But even when I smoked I hated my car smelling of smoke. So, I rarely smoked in my car and if I did, my windows were always pulled down all the way. When I was a smoker I sometimes allowed my friends to smoke in my car if the windows were down. So it became weird when I asked them not to. Fortunately and unfortunately, my allergy to smoke is a good excuse. I get sick now when I'm by cigarette smoke for too long. Go figure...

20. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    No one smokes in my car either. If someone wants to smoke, it's his/her choice, but I should not be harmed due to their choices, it's not their right.