Best and longest lasting toilet paper?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by TNSabrina • Aug 31, 2012.

1. TNSabrina

TNSabrinaMember

Threads:
    I currently purchase Scott’s 1000 ply toilet paper in a 4 pack, which is almost $4, and it is not lasting all week. I am looking for a cheaper alternative that will last, because my family is running through the Scotts. I do not care if it is soft, just long-lasting is my main concern. I have tried buying three of the cheaper dollar brands, but my family goes through that faster than the 1000 ply-sheets. If anyone has a favorite, I would love if you would share.
    Thanks!

2. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I personally have used this 2-3 years ago and I was really pleased with it. It's called: Charmin Ultra Strong
    It's quite soft and lasts over a week (that was in my case), but depends on the number of family members that you have

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I use Quilted Velvet. One roll will last the two of us a week, and I buy the 9 packs when they're on sale. What I like about Velvet is their pledge to plant 3 trees for every one they use - they're conscious of the effect of their industry on the environment, and they're trying to address it. It may not be the cheapest paper, but it's certainly long lasting, which brings down the actual cost considerably.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My family has had luck with the Charmin Ultra Strong Mega Rolls but we ordered a special toilet paper holder extender because supposedly the double rolls won't fit in the toilet paper holder on your bathroom wall without a special plastic piece. Here's a picture of the Charmin extender.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Costco toilet paper. It's really soft and last long. It works out to cost less than $1 per roll.

6. DrowningGirl

DrowningGirlMember

Threads:
    You need to buy your toilet paper in larger quantities. Scott toilet paper is more like $0.50 a roll if you buy the 20 pack. I have used a variety of toilet paper but I think Scott toilet paper lasts the longest. About a year ago my husband and I were living with my parents because I got laid off and he was working at Whole Foods. Also living there were 4 other adults aside from my parents. So, with 8 adults living in the house, we burned through toilet paper. We went through about 2 20 packs in a months time. That cost $26. Less than $1 a day for 8 people.

7. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Scott toilet paper1000, lasts for a good while. The bulk method sounds very good. But it depends on the number of people in the family. Perhaps the members should be advised to use the paper sparingly at times. People tend to just pull it off the roll, without considering how much paper they have and they waste the paper. Or try buying in bulk as someone said. Good idea.

8. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I agree. My parents have been longtime users of Scott bathroom tissue and it lasts them for a while. This may be a bit personal, but I notice that I use less toilet paper at their house than I do at my own. My husband and I buy Charmin Mega Rolls, and although they are really soft, they seem to vanish! They are also relatively expensive compared to many other brands. However, convincing my husband to switch to a more economical brand will prove difficult!

9. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer quilted Northern. For me it is the best. If I have to pick another brand I would go with Scott. Scott can be a bit pricey though. Coupons lessen the blow though.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    We buy Charmin at my home and it always lasts. It also doesn't rip or leave behind fluffy buddies in the booty area. We do any kind of Charmin just as long as its Charmin we know we are good on the TP front.

11. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I love Angel Soft. The double rolls last pretty long for me and my family. The toilet paper isn't too soft or too hard either. I honestly can't stand any type of Charmin brand toilet paper, which I noticed a few of you do like. No matter what "type" of Charmin I try it just seems that it always leaves too much behind and I'm talking about those little pieces of toilet paper :( It lasts a long time in my house because no one will use it! We don't go without, but I've honestly used a paper towel or a napkin over having to use any kind of Charmin. Angel Soft the best for us!

12. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    My wife bought some Cottonelle with aloe in it and it makes my butthole feel like magic. I don't know how much it costs but I hope we have enough money that we can keep buying it.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, Cornholio

I choked on my coffee reading about your magic butthole. Your posts are comedy gold, just like your Beavis avatar. Saturday just started an hour ago and already your post made my day 20 percent better because I laughed my ass off. Thanks, I needed to laugh. :D

14. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I am glad that you found the perfect to for your bunghole. That honestly us my favorite thing seeing Beavis go through the whitehouse doing that. On the other note, I vote for Scott simply because we have a septic tank and that is much easier on it.

15. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I use the type of toilet paper that doesn't slip on your ass when you use it, or so weak that your finger ends up bursting through the other side. LOL!!

16. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I'd say Charmin Ultra Strong, it usually ends up lasting longer than other rolls and brands that I've tried and I have no complaints about it! Any toilet paper that's soft is good though, nobody likes using some of the sandpaper that's out there.

17. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Haha this is a good one. We have cottonelle. Although ours doesn't have aloe in it or on it. I think it lasts awhile and the price is good. My husband stipulates that any toilet paper I get be soft. He hasn't had ant complaints about it.

18. ProForums777

ProForums777New Member

Threads:
    I don't spend time thinking of my life that much, right now I'm Ok of how my finances are. I do remember when I was in college and I was even counting how long it took me to go buy food. If you have a plan to make money you have to watch every penny. That I believe...

19. cmarten

cmartenMember

Threads:
    Some toilet paper is so thick and quilted and puffed and fluffed and quadruple ply and whatever that you might as well wipe your butt with a bed comforter. You think you are getting more on a roll, but each square is so thick that you're actually getting less. Unless you have some ultra sensitive skin down there, or some kind of medical problem, you can probably handle toilet paper that is thinner and not embroidered with satin threads... or whatever!

I like one poster's suggestion to buy larger packs of toilet paper. Things in bulk are much often cheaper per unit than smaller packages of the same thing.