QMee.com - Get Paid To Search

Discussion in Hot Deals started by ohiotom76 • Apr 16, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I just came across QMee recently, and wanted to share this here in case anyone else is interested. This is not some gimicky service where you waste hours and hours, if not days and weeks trying to make a few cents - until you finally just give up because you know you will never be able to cash out.

The service is very straightforward. You install a browser add on which monitors your searches. If a search you are performing on Google, eBay, Amazon or Bing matches up with some companies in their own network, you will also see QMee ads displayed on the left side of the screen. Also listed in the ad is now much money you will get paid for clicking on the ad. I've typically been getting paid between 5 cents to 8 cents per ad unit. Their platform has it's own algorithms to limit when and where the ads will show up for you. They encourage you to just browse and do searches as you normally would. Attempts to "game' their system will result in fewer or no ads being displayed to you.

The really nice thing about them though is that you can cash out at any time, and at any amount. You don't need to hit some threshold to cash out. The payments go directly into your Paypal account, and I've seen mine go in in about 15 minutes or so.

This isn't going to make you big money, but it's some extra cash on the side for doing next to nothing.

2. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the interesting post. I'm trying it out right now and earned $0.28 within minutes. Not a whole lot, but let's see if it adds up.

3. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Qmee at first seems good, since hey, you get paid for doing something you do anyway. However, you get a few cents every...month or so? I mean, I don't game the system, but ads are displayed weeks apart at a time, and for random different things that don't seem to make any sense at all. Just a little bit of information you might want to consider.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah it sounds like a good idea but there are so many other places that reward you for searching that it almost doesn't seem worth it. However, it is a nice idea to be rewarded for searching on the major engines. Swagbucks and the like often suck at giving you quality results so if your search is really important you end up going to Google anyway.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only been registered with QMee for a day but I have yet to see one ad. At least with the search feature for Inboxdollars, you're guaranteed to get paid for searches. QMee just sits there spying on your searches and it's a gamble whether you'll get an ad or not.

6. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    True, but like I said, it's sixteen pence every, say, two weeks or something. It's nice to get something for doing normal searches I agree, but it's such a low cash value that it's worth your time to just do them with Swagbucks or something, or even just sign up to Bing rewards and get your money through them.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for this information. I will try and check that one out. I'm always searching anyway, so getting paid for what I mostly do is such a good thing.

8. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I thought QMee immediately gives one ad when you first sign up in order to get you accustomed to the site. That is what happened for me. Still, I haven't made a dollar yet. I think I may be at 60 cents or so, but a month has passed since I became a registered member. The pay is extremely slow, however, I use it anyways because I experience no cons by having it. There is little effort, and it is an okay way for making money by doing virtually nothing.

9. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I must have been doing something wrong.I downloaded the app and never got one result from it.After about a month, I gave up and got rid of it. Now I wonder if I should try again.

10. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I never used the app for it on a mobile device. Rather, I set it up on my laptop. I think generally applications offer less in comparison to an actual site. That is the experience I have had; sites like iPoll, Swagbucks, and the like usually have something available on their website in contrast to their apps.

11. Xenokitten

XenokittenNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone know if this is safe to use? How has the speed and performance of your browser changed after installing the extension? I'm always afraid to download plugins because I know hackers can use these as a back door, or collect other information such as Credit Card numbers and personal information like your SSN and Banking passwords and so on.

12. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    I do not know how safe it is to use. Generally, I do not provide that kind of information for those reasons. As for the speed and performance of my browser, I have not noticed any considerable difference. It works just as well as it did before installing the extension. I use Firebox, however, I am not sure how it affects other browsers.

13. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I know a few people that have tried this site out and in the end deleted it. Think after about 6 months they had made about 60 pence. 10 pence a month.
    The site sounds like a good idea but if I'm honest, I don't think I'd be happy to let a programme spy on my on line activities for little or no reward.

14. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of Qmee in the past but I have been hesitant about joining. First of all I am not too sure about downloading a browser extension. I have done that before and it slowed down my Internet even more then its already slowed down. Also, from what I have heard the pay isn't enough to make doing so worth it. But that is jusy my opinion, I know that some have had success and enjoy Qmee.

15. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I sure didn't enjoy it. It made my computer drag along at a snail's pace, and I never made any significant money at all. I was very happy to remove the app.

16. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    I've only just started using Qmee and even though it's not a huge money maker it's nice little add-on that just blends in :) I haven't earned enough to cash out yet but from reviews it looks legit :)

17. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did download the app then chose not to install it because I don't like the idea of it monitoring everything I do. Google is bad enough for that and I'm not a great fan of apps as they can slow down laptops at least. The less apps the better and as i don't really buy much it's not worth it for me. I prefer to use other methods and I hate pop ups which means I would have to disable my pop up blocker and it would allow all kinds to sneak through.

18. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I use Bing Rewards. It might not be 'the best search-engine' (Google), but the Bing Rewards homepage has a headline that kinda keeps you up with important stuff (mostly anniversaries & holidays ... some Awards Shows & sports-tournaments) and offers good ways to donate to needy organizations.

And (like Theo said) I don't like the idea of the pop-up ads messing up my computer.

19. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    I got rid of bing straight away when I got my laptop, not a big fan of it at all. The great thing about Qmee is the fact is integrates itself into the sites you like to use.