Burt's Bees

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Juno • Jan 16, 2015.

1. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I havent tried any of theire products other than the lip balm also. I like it. Ive seen these gift sets at the store though and have been thinking about getting one. My issue is that what if I buy the whole thing and only like one of the items inside. LOL I guess I may try them out though just for the hand cream.

Also agree it's not that much better than Carmex.

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I had a stick of the peppermint honey chapstick once before and did not like it. I found that it was too thick on my lips and the peppermint flavoring was way too strong. The lotion is really nice, though, and lasts a long time. The products are definitely high quality and worth the money you pay for them.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I use the lip balm. I haven't tried any of the other products & I'm not really 100% behind the lip balm either. I use it because I prefer the natural approach they take. If I had horribly chapped lips I would turn to Carmex before Burt's.

4. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I have used their body lotion and it is very good, it absorbs well. But I recently tried their hair conditioner and it is horrible. It doesn't get the tangles out of my hair and it leaves a scum all over the bottom of the tub. I have even been thinking about writing a bad review for it I dislike it so much!

5. biron

bironNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't had much direct interaction with Burt's Bee's, but my wife loves their lip balm and we have a lot of the baby products for our two boys (now 2 and 4). Our boys are allergic to a lot of soaps and although we had to discontinue using some of the products for a short time, for the most part they seem to be gentle enough for their skin. They particularly love the bubble bath!

6. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Like most of the people posting in this thread, I've tried the chap stick (lip balm?) and I absolutely love it. However, I can only really use the original flavor, the others don't work as well in my opinion. They put other brands to shame when it comes to chap stick. I know they skin care production, I'd be willing to try something out.

7. Jxhn

JxhnNew Member

Threads:
    I have only tried lip balm products offered by Burt's Bees, so that is what I will be referring to in this post. Firstly, the selection of flavors is astonishing. I currently have a blue cap Burt's Bees lip balm, which is described as a mix of blueberries and dark chocolate. It smells great.

However, besides the selection of scents, I prefer Blistex for lip balm. For some reason, after applying Burt's Bees lip balm, my lips don't seem to heal but rather become more chapped. Blistex, on the other hand, soothes my lips and heals them quickly.

8. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried anything but the lip balm. As a matter of fact, I am constantly licking my lips so they are always VERY dry. Burt Bees is the only thing that will ease the chap ping. Not toe took, it tastes better than most lip balms.

9. Harmony Lassen

Harmony LassenNew Member

Threads:
    I love the cough drops and the lip balm. I used the cough drops during a school musical I was in last fall because my vocal chords were strained and my throat hurt. But the cough drops soothed my throat better then Halls or Ricola and in my opnion tastes better too. The lip balm is equally soothing.

10. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I have used a few Burt's bees products in my time, and I love the hand treatments, they are a little oily but they are great for when your hands are very dry. But they smelled so terrible that I could not use them any more. Now I just make my own products with beeswax and olive oil,they smell much better and are much cheaper!