What Are The Best Games To Play At A Party?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Colebra • Feb 27, 2015.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Again, since were all going to die someday, I'm looking into throwing some sweet parties at my house while I'm here...
    What are the best board games, or other type of games that I should be looking at?

I've already decided that I'm going to buy a table tennis net and racket.
    Not sure about darts, because I don't like the sound of mixing alcohol with it... :D
    I'm thinking about Jenga, because I love the sound of mixing alcohold with it... :p

Any suggestions?
    As always, greatly appreciated. :)

2. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I would recommend a Nintendo Wii purely for Wii sports. Easy to pick up and play, and is great for drinking parties. For board games, Clue is a classic and is easy to play. Jenga is actually better with alcohol involved. Then of course you can play some of the more social games like charades and such.

3. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Good old Twister is a great ice breaker if you are having parties where everyone doesn't know each other. Your table tennis will also double as a beer pong table if you plan on having drinks. I know the games I like are kind of juvenile, but they really do liven up a party. Keep the music energetic and have fun!

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think Jenga and table tennis are excellent choices. If you want something more modern or more varying, though, you might want to get a Kinect or at least just borrow one for the party. It's great because it has lots of games that anyone can just jump into without practice and it's also very hilarious to see everyone being silly waving their hands and jumping in front of a tv screen.

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on the crowd and budget, you could consider a Nintendo Wii. There's lots of great party games including Mario Kart, Mario Party and Smash Bros.

Also if everyone is pretty okay with some jokes and potentionally offensive situations you could consider Cards Against Humanity.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I can't really recommend any 'normal' party games since most of the time when my friends throw a party, since we're all gamer and geeks most of the games are, well video games. But if you want to try this out this would be really fun. Some Youtuber's are doing this also. The idea is you have to drink every time your character dies on a game. For example you guys are playing Tekken or Mortal Kombat, the one who loses the fight would take a shot.

7. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Wow that sounds really fun! I would love to try that one when I get the chance.

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt, Settlers Of Catan is one of the best board games for parties, although you can only play with a few people per game. Otherwise, the classic Mario Kart drinking game where you drink every time someone gets passed or whatever other stipulation always works. There are dozens of options either way.

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    There are some fantastic games being mentioned here. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with a table tennis table and a Nintendo Wii to kick things off.

As for a game to avoid - I have had NOTHING but bad experiences with the old classic game of Truth or Dare as it has mostly focused on truths about sex and then ends with things like "have you ever slagged me off?" and then things get very heated.

10. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    Any game that you can find on the Wii or the WII U would be really good. Most of the games that you can find on that console are really fun to play when you have a lot of friends over. When I have my friends over we would just sit and play super smash bros. for hours and hours and it is lots of fun.

11. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Have, both of them. ;)

This seems like Magic The Gathering, and Pikachu cards, or something...
    Not really what I'm looking for, but thanks anyway :D

This though, what a goddam win... Thanks! :)
    It's so good, I'll even advertise for them:

12. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends on the people, I guess. Whenever we throw a party, we have a lot of fans of fighting games around, so we just play some bad fighting games or comedy value. Cards Against Humanity, as mentioned, are also always a fun choice. And Jackbox Party Pack has some really fun games - I particularly love Drawful.