Least Favorite Chore?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 27, 2015.

1. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    I have always hated the drudgery aspect of being a stay-at-home mom - I hate housework! Don't get me wrong, I keep a clean house, but it's the last thing I want to do! I've always conidered grocery shopping one of the household "chores" and this is my LEAST favorite thing to do. Over the years, I've perfected my couponing abilities to the point where I impress myself with my saving capabilities, but I despise grocery shopping. I feel like it's such a waste of my time! By the time I've driven to the store (usually more than one), done the shopping, come back home and unpacked all the bags it turns into a 4-hour chore.

What's your least favorite chore? Do you find yourself trying to be an expert at it so you can get it done faster or better?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also can't stand shopping at grocery stores. That's why I stopped doing it. These days I only ever go to the farmer's market on Wednesdays and Saturdays and leave the rest of the shopping to my partner, who really enjoys it. He doesn't mind going to any big shopping center and spend a couple of hours there, checking out all the new products. I consider it as a waste of time.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Plumbing and car maintenance are close contenders. I think plumbing is just slightly worse though. The reason more than any, for both, is that I just don't know what I'm doing. So often I've had to learn quickly, sometimes making a mess of stuff and it's certainly not a pleasant job.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't mind grocery shopping really. Sure, it takes some time, but I don't mind all that much.

What I hate? Dishes! I hate cleaning dishes. I have as dishwasher now even, but I hate the unloading and reloading portion. And I hate when some don't clean. And I hate having to rinse/partially clean them before loading the dishwasher if I want to avoid food sticking on them. Bleh.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    It would seem you need a hobby, or at least a way to make being a housewife more interesting. I'm no domestic diva, but as long as the house doesn't get out of hand it's not that big of a deal to tackle chores. The two worst ones are probably cleaning the fridge (tedious) and cleaning the toilet (no explanation needed, lol).

6. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    Yep echo on cleaning the toilet! I loathe that job more than any other! I try to stay on top of things so that I don't have to spend an entire day cleaning my house. I agree with ChanellG about having a hobby :D. Problem is, when I was a stay at home mom, if I'd had a hobby, I certainly wouldn't have been worrying about chores! :p

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My very least favorite chore is cleaning litter boxes. Right above that is vacuuming, mainly because it exhausts me and exacerbates my pain. Oh wait, I meant yard work. And scrubbing toilets. I honestly don't mind housework that much, but those are all some of my least favorites. I do enjoy cooking, and love grocery shopping, when I have the money. When money is very tight, I get extremely stressed out when I have to shop, so that detracts from my fun. I don't mind laundry much, or stripping/making the bed.

8. The Jazzy Boho

The Jazzy BohoNew Member

Threads:
    The one thing I dread doing most is folding clothes. I will separate, wash (even hand wash if need be,) and dry but when it comes to putting the clothes away, it may take weeks. And it only got worse when I started working at a department store doing stock with clothing. My poor laundry just gets tossed to the side and pulled out when I need some thing, sometimes even until I have to wash again. Sad but true.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate cleaning the bathroom and I hate cleaning the food containers at the back of the refrigerator that get overlooked and become moldy. Sometimes I'm almost tempted to throw the containers away, but that would be a waste of Rubbermaid.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy grocery shopping. I find it relaxing.

There are a few chores that I really don't like. I really don't like cleaning the oven. I would rather clean the bathroom over cleaning the oven. Running a close second behind cleaning the oven is cleaning out the refrigerator.

11. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I don't find any boring, lol. I find them exhausting but not boring. I think I would find washing the dishes as the least favourite, but still, it's not so bad to me after all.

12. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely despise doing the dishes at home. For some reason when I do the dishes, my clothes always get wet, with or without an apron. The water splashes every where and then my hands get all pruney as well. Its not very attractive. I also despise vacuuming, the vacuum is just too loud for me and gives me a headache sometimes. :oops:

13. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an assortment of containers, some cheap, and some more expensive. If the offending food is in one of the cheap containers, I sometimes do throw it out. I cooked fish last week and forgot about the leftovers, but they were in one of the good containers, so I just ended up cleaning it...yuck.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @barkingsquirrel, I actually really enjoy grocery shopping. I suppose because I love all types of shopping. It doesn't even feel like a chore. I love sniffing out bargains and seeing how far I can stretch my meagre budget :)

My least favourite house chore has to be CLEANING! I absolutely HATE it, with bathroom and toilet cleaning being the worst. Once in a while when I feel extra lazy, I get my brother's house help to come and tidy up for me. It works out nicely because I get my house and clothes cleaned and ironed and she makes extra money on the side :) I just wish I could afford for her to come in every Saturday :(

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too. If the leftovers are in an old margarine tub, I'll just throw it out. But I really like my Rubbermaid Easy Find lid containers with the interchangeable, interlocking lids. So if one of those gets moldy, I have to bite the bullet and wash it. It's a gross job.

16. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I hate cleaning the toilet too. But my least favorite chore is cooking. Much as cooking is a task that is needed everyday, I enjoy it the least. My reason for this is completely strange: I sweat a lot. I hate the sticky feeling of sweat, which is why I am not compatible with the hot stove. And because I hate sticky vegetables like okra, I tend to steer clear from it when I cook. No okra in my vegetable dishes when I cook. Sticky vegetable plus heat plus sticky sweat? That's no-no.

17. HunkyDoire

HunkyDoireMember

Threads:
    My least favorite chore is by far doing the dishes...for whatever reason, my husband and I keep moving in places that don't have dishwashers so we always end up doing them by hand...yuck: (

18. deannatroupe

deannatroupeMember

Threads:
    I hate folding clothes. I know I'm fortunate to have a husband that will sort and wash clothes. I just hate putting them away. I feel like it is a waste of time when I can just pull something from out of the basket and keep it moving. I will hang up my work clothes to save time in the morning. I just hate putting up the rest.

19. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I hate ironing with a vengeance! I will leave it so long that I have to get up early to iron the clothes for that day. I just cannot stand and do mounds of ironing. I have even thrown clothes because they were hard to iron. I love my husband but he hates ironing too. If I had my time over again I would find someone that loved ironing to share my life with - then I wouldn't have to do it!
    If I was richer I would pay someone to do it or invent iron free fabric!

20. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    The chore I hate the most is the one I take the greatest pride in doing. I hate a dirty bathroom and though it can be labor intensive, seeing that sparkle on the smallest details makes me feel good. Sometimes I listen to music to help pass the time while cleaning.