Sodastream

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Mafdet • Mar 6, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I wonder how the costs compare with getting an old fashioned Soda Siphon instead of a SodaStream. The soda siphon uses smaller CO2 cartridges, and simply spits out the carbonated water into a glass. You can then add your own syrups or fruit juices to flavor it. That was you're not carbonating a whole bottle, which goes flat quickly. You're simply carbonating one glass at a time, so you always get the freshest carbonation in each glass. You can see a video of this and how it works below:

2. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I remember the soda stream being around since the late 1970's, my parents bought one back then when i was 10 years old, i was so excited it seemed like a space age product to me back then. I do remember some of the drinks having an artificial taste but i didn't care, i just enjoyed the experience of making fizzy drinks.

I have considered owning a soda stream again, although i rarely consume fizzy drinks now but do drink a lot of sparkling water so it could be useful for that.

3. westmixxin

westmixxinMember

Threads:
    I've heard some good things about it and I've heard some bad things about it but to be honest I decided to use it for myself and that really helped me to progress forward. Why use it for myself I noticed that it was really a very ingenious product I mean it's a very expensive product especially buying new materials but is very ingenious.

4. VictorSalza

VictorSalzaMember

Threads:
    As someone that loves soda pop I’ve always wondered about this product. Lately I’ve been drinking the Pepsi made with sugar. I think if I want some better soda pop I’ll get it from a restaurant. I don’t drink fountain pop much. The fizz reminds me of light beer.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not great. That even seems to be the general consensus. The quality of the soda is pretty meh to awfully bad, and it doesn't really help you save much anyway, since the store brand sodas are still cheaper AND usually taste better anyway. So, yeah, I would avoid this. Especially since the machine isn't exactly the cheapest ever.

6. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I bought a sodastream a few years ago and I love it! We use it all the time, it tastes good and saves us so much money and recycling! I highly recommend getting one.

7. EpixStudiosNH

EpixStudiosNHNew Member

Threads:
    My ex-husband used to have one and it definitely saved quite a bit of money.

Pros -

You can choose how carbonated your beverage is (I prefer a lighter carbonation)
    You don't have cans or bottles lying around everywhere
    You don't have to take up room in your fridge to store soda
    You can mix and match flavors to make your own creations
    They have more than soda if you aren't into sugary drinks

Cons -

The CO2 cartridges don't last too long if you are a heavy soda drinker
    The carbonation process is a little noisy

8. wannatakeawalk

wannatakeawalkNew Member

Threads:
    Anyone heard of the new Bonne O? Apparently their syrups are also kinda gross but there is no CO2 tank. There's a puck that generates CO2 with a chemical reaction. The bubbles push up up through the bottle of whatever you are making into a soda so it's getting 'infused'. You can make your own sodas, even with alcohol. Not if you can control the level of carbonation though, that seems like a pro on the side of Soda Stream.

9. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    I bought a sodastream and use it all the time, I think it is better for you than buying normal cans of soda from the shops, plus they do not have all the sweeteners and the syrups that they have in them.

I make all sorts of different soda from the machine and is worth every penny I spent on it

10. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    I had a Sodastream a few years ago, and I really liked it. One thing that I really liked about it is that I didn't have to go out and buy soda every other week. I live in an apartment building, and trying to carry up to two-liter sodas was a pain. There's also the recycling aspect of it. As for getting the CO2, you can always find that online, or get them at Williams & Sonoma.

Some people might not like the price of the refills, but when you compare it to the actual cost of the soda, it comes out to about $.40 a liter. And considering you're probably paying anywhere from a $1.25 to $1.50 for a two liter bottle, that's a pretty good deal.

11. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, now that you mention, think I have seen my parents playing with one of these products when I was also a young kid.

It was then trendy to get back home from job and have a fizzy beverage and relax in the living room while drinking it and talking about how day at job went on.

Might be nice having one of these for special moments sharing a drink with friends.

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow the soda stream sounds like another product to stay away from. Soda is cheap enough to make and you can easily make your own and make it a bit healthier by mixing real juice and tonic or seltzer water. The Sodastream just sounds like another unnecessary Made on TV product that doesn't work very well or last very long.