How do you receive or use your earnings from Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by smartdude966 • Nov 12, 2014.

1. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    There isn't much money on my PayPal account. But when I get paid from several of my online sidelines, I immediately cash-out my earnings from my PayPal account to my local bank account. That way, I can limit my online spending to a minimum. Even though I shop online from time to time, I still use my credit card (through PayPal) and not the funds that I've earned. That way, I can keep track of my expenses (since I can just look at my credit card statement).

I am yet to try the Mastercard method as well as the check option. Maybe by the time I earn lots of dollars? :)

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have the mastercard, I don't like waiting for a check or a transfer to my bank account. I don't understand why it takes so longer for the money to be transfered over once you have ben paid. I try to keep some money as a balance but it does not always work out that way.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just transfer the amount onto my local bank account. I'm often not too much in a hurry to get the funds and waiting a few days for the money to arrive doesn't really bother me so I just tend. To go that route. Also their cards aren't available here as far as I know so it's really the best option for me right now. I try to leave some amount of money on there whenever I withdraw though because I might want to use it for purchasing something online.

4. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I would always transfer my money to my bank account. I like knowing that the money I've earned is safe in my bank account and that way I wouldn't spend it on other things I can find online. I'm easily tempted so if I know I have a bit of money in my Paypal account, I would think of all the possibilities I could do with it. In the end, I calm myself down and decide to just transfer the money to my bank account.

5. cmjblue

cmjblueNew Member

Threads:
    I use my paypal funds to buy items online. Sometimes I may save my earnings until they build up to a certain amount and then use my paypal mastercard and treat myself to something that I want to enjoy.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My main intention for my Paypal account is to serve as depository of my online earnings. I had started joining earning websites 2 months ago and I have earned a substantial amount already. Late last month, I had withdrawn money from Paypal into my bank account. It took only 1 days processing and a very minimal charge or about $5 for that transaction. Good enough for me.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I receive my earnings through the bank transfer method. I've totally given up on the card-linking thing. PayPal is lousy in that department and some of our local banks aren't helping either. Their customer service can come up with all sorts of excuses and it'll exhaust you at the end of the day. I thought it wouldn't work at first but bank transfer, which doesn't require any linking, only takes 2 to 4 business days. Be mindful of timezone differences, though. As for my earnings, I save it for the future. I'm planning to work and study outside of my country so I need all the capital I can get.

8. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I always transfer my PayPal earnings to my bank account I don't like that you have to.wait so long to get it though. I would like a PayPal debit card or MasterCard. They would be way more convenient but they are not available in my country. Maybe some day they will be and if that ever happens I will definitely be using that method.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I receive my Paypal earnings fairly easily! Sometimes the conversion exchange rate changes, which mean that earning any one set amount can translate to less money than it originally was in my money. But there's nothing that i can do about it. To avoid my money diminishing due to this exchange rate, I transfer it into my bank account as soon as I have been paid.

10. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A long time ago, I transferred the money to my bank account, but that was before I got my PayPal debit card. My money doesn't last long anyway, since I usually use it to buy groceries or other household items via the debit card when out in the real world, but I also pay bills and fees directly online, as well as using it to pay for items I've purchased, and sometimes transferring money to friends.

11. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    I sell on eBay and all the money that I receive from selling on there goes directly to my bank account. It's normally when I hit a certain amount of money in Paypal then I just transfer most of it and leave a little behind incase I might purchase something on eBay. But 90% of the time I'm selling so I'm rarely ever buying so Paypal is basically like a second bank for me just to store cash made from selling.

12. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I tried to link my Paypal debit card but failed. I will try to do the same at some point in future. However, in my country, funds take a week to be credited to a bank account. I presently use the services of a freelance company that specializes in withdrawing funds from Paypal on behalf of clients but the fees are on the higher side compared to the 1.5% overall charge by Paypal.

13. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I get paid from my work as a freelance writer directly onto my Paypal Master Card. I love the convenience this offers and this card really can be used anywhere that regular debit or credit cards are accepted.

14. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to PayPal funds I stick to using them for the bills. I started using them as spending money but then once it got to the point where it was pretty steady but still not really all that much I figured to go ahead and let it take off a hundred or so off the bill every month. I just transfer it straight in and essentially it is just like saving it I guess.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I always transfer it to my bank account. I probably should get the mastercard, but I don't want to worry about losing it and not having access to my funds. I will probably keep just putting it into my bank account. It gets cleared in two days anyway.

16. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1New Member

Threads:
    Well you can transfer the earning to a online bank. That is what I chose to do. You can also take the Paypal earning and invest in Biotcoins. You can do something with your Paypal money. You can also buy things from different websites with the use of Paypal. You should do fine if you look.

17. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to just transfer to my bank account. But I honestly hate how long it takes. Since other people have mentioned it, I will consider getting a paypal card to just cut out the middle man and save time from long bank transfers.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I started with transfer money from paypal to my checking which took a wk. to 10 days! Then I got a debit/mastercard-it was free and I can use it as soon as there is money in my paypal account!

19. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to keep them there at Paypal and let them add up for a year, so I can see how much I earned. Then I will probably transfer them to my bank. I use rewards cards to pay for everything possible. So as far as purchasing things, I will want to do that with my certain, best rewards card. Transferring to the bank will let me pay my credit card bill. And then I'll have the rewards, too.

20. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I only started using Paypal like a month ago. I haven't earned a substantial amount of money so I just transfer it to my bank account. It only took like three days for it to transfer and I didn't mind waiting. When I start earning more money, I might just leave it in my Paypal account and use it to buy things online, but for now transferring it to my bank account works just fine for me.