Help Momsrising Feed The Under-nourished!

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by mythman • Aug 1, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    MomsRising might be 'condoning the lifestyle of the self-centered (single) feminist mother' here (though they'd call her "the independent, modern woman"), but neither MomsRising nor I-myself want the children to suffer for their moms' self-centeredness.

That suffering comes when the self-centered mothers neglect the nutrition of their children. In fact, in 2013,

MomsRising supports Senator Bob Casey's Access to healthy food for Young Children Act, a bill to improve childhood nutrition, reduce hunger, and help working families ensure that their children get the healthy food they need. And

I usually disagree with MomsRising's suggested bills, which usually suggest federal mandates of things which should be taken-care-of more-locally; and sure, mothers (and fathers, we

) should be taking care of this way-before the Feds can get involved. But--just like various crimes 'have laws against them' even though they shouldn't ever happen in the first place--the self-centered mothers need "laws" to 'make' them feed their children right!

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you linked to the correct article? The one you have linked to attributes this statistic to poverty, lack of assets and demographics rather than mothers being "self-centered".

Just out of interest, do fathers not play any role in child nutrition? Or is it exclusively a woman's job?

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    The fathers probably would play a role in child-nutrition, if they had remained with the mothers. (MomsRising painted the food-insecurity as a single-parent matter.) I guess this is further evidence that--when you aren't part of a married-(possibly-with-children) household--you aren't 'privileged' with the stability required to not be self-centered (often you can't help fill the cups of others until your own cup is full enough).

Maybe I'm shifting the blame back to the individuals on account of they seem to be taking all the 'punishment'---it just seems more-logical to me that the grass-roots, 'build your own family's section of the wall' solution (that's a Biblical reference ... Prophet Nehemiah's advice to the citizens of a city about to be besieged) would be a better aim than MomsRising's usual 'have your senator sponsor a Federal law to make "doing the right thing" something you HAVE to do.'

Kind of the way 'churches' tell us all what terrible sinners we are.